You guys got me paranoid. (Another RXP washer question)

I think I've read nearly every thread on SC washers going out and I'm a little paranoid now.

I was fooling around yesterday on my '05 RXP (now has 39 hours and most likely ceramic washers) and went to jump a boat wake and the craft lurched a little, like it lost fuel pressure then got it back immediately. This happened twice. Both times when the bow of the craft was above 30 degrees inclined (I'm no protractor, but its my best guess).

Against my better judgement and EVERYTHING I've read here, I did a couple full throttle runs and the speed top speed was the same ( 63-65 on the dash with 7700-ish RPMs). The only difference is that the engine seemed to spool up a little quicker than normal, of course it might just be my imagination.

Do I have anything to worry about here?

I do have a time scheduled to have a few things done and the washers are #1 on that list. I just hope I don't have to take it in early since yesterday was my first time out on it.

Thanks all.

Get those washers out asap! They are waiting to break on you.

+1

Re: You ugys got me paranoid. (Another RXP washer question)

Change your washers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1
    stop riding it and change them washers. I know it hard but itll be alot hard to look at the ski cause you didnt change them. If youve read all the washer threads them im sure you read all the people that just couldnt wait to change them and had to ride it. Dont be one of thoughs people....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stickshift69 View Post
    get those washers out asap! They are waiting to break on you.
    +1...

Quote Originally Posted by da1nonlyrxp View Post
    change your washers!!!

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

+2...

Quote Originally Posted by dockside View Post
    stop riding it and change them washers. I know it hard but itll be alot hard to look at the ski cause you didnt change them. If youve read all the washer threads them im sure you read all the people that just couldnt wait to change them and had to ride it. Dont be one of thoughs people....

+3....

I pew pew lazors
    I agree. Pull the SC and send it to Jerry before the season really warms up. Trust me, you don't want to pull both ends of the engine chasing down ceramic fragments. I know from experience.

+1

washers

Quote Originally Posted by baxt3r View Post
    I think I've read nearly every thread on SC washers going out and I'm a little paranoid now.

I was fooling around yesterday on my '05 RXP (now has 39 hours and most likely ceramic washers) and went to jump a boat wake and the craft lurched a little, like it lost fuel pressure then got it back immediately. This happened twice. Both times when the bow of the craft was above 30 degrees inclined (I'm no protractor, but its my best guess).

Against my better judgment and EVERYTHING I've read here, I did a couple full throttle runs and the speed top speed was the same ( 63-65 on the dash with 7700-ish RPMs). The only difference is that the engine seemed to spool up a little quicker than normal, of course it might just be my imagination.

Do I have anything to worry about here?

I do have a time scheduled to have a few things done and the washers are #1 on that list. I just hope I don't have to take it in early since yesterday was my first time out on it.

Thanks all.
    well reading all this will make you nervous i didn't change mine till over 200 hrs but get that piece of mind.

Thread Information