260x loses power when turning left! HELP!

i took my 260x out of garage and went to lake for first time this year. ski ran fine last year. ran a whole tank of fresh gas thru it and it loses power rpm goes down to around 6500 and boost gauge goes down also when i turn left. its fine when i turn right. the rpm cut out then jump back up then cut out again only when i turn left. anybody ever hear of this. i remember my old carborated standups had problems with gas getting forced to one side of carb when turning. but my 260x is FI . any help would be great.

+1

same problem

Had the same problem with my 250 .

it was a screw in the SC that came loose. best u tighten it.

should be on the front end of the sc cover.

dunno how to upload the image here for you to view if you do not tighten the screw. happened to me.. blew a huge hole in the front cover of the SC.
    Last edited by KawaHead; 05-01-2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: link to image wrong

+1
    please explain how this could only happen whilst he is turning left only

Quote Originally Posted by KawaHead View Post
    Had the same problem with my 250 .

it was a screw in the SC that came loose. best u tighten it.

should be on the front end of the sc cover.

dunno how to upload the image here for you to view if you do not tighten the screw. happened to me.. blew a huge hole in the front cover of the SC.

iam hitting the ocean tomorrow. i will check screws on my super charger in morning. not sure what your talkin about but i will take a look.. ran a half tank thru ski today and still does lose power when turning left.

+1
    doesn't add up to me as turning the bars has nothing to do with the electronics of the motor apart from the off the throttle control, i know on earlier stand ups it was noticeable due to the rotation of the prop. sounds more like electrical to me as when you load the engine turning it is breaking down try wot out of the hole see if it does the same. i really dont think the steering has anything to do with it you need more time on the water and narrow it down.

Quote Originally Posted by thead View Post
    i took my 260x out of garage and went to lake for first time this year. ski ran fine last year. ran a whole tank of fresh gas thru it and it loses power rpm goes down to around 6500 and boost gauge goes down also when i turn left. its fine when i turn right. the rpm cut out then jump back up then cut out again only when i turn left. anybody ever hear of this. i remember my old carborated standups had problems with gas getting forced to one side of carb when turning. but my 260x is FI . any help would be great.

It's normal for the RPM's to drop about 200 RPM when turning in one direction and it will rise 200 RPM (over normal) when turning in the other direction. Somthing to due with the rotation of the prop and the way the water is flowing through the pump. However you definately shouldn't see the large RPM drop you are seeing and the boost shouldn't drop. I'd check your pump, impeller, and make sure your belt is OK and has the proper tension.

Thread Information