Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anchor question

+1

Anchor question

I was wondering how you all are anchoring in light wind. What I mean is do you tie it to the front or back. I would rather tie to the front but how are you retrieving it. Do you just drive forward and grab it? I would be afraid of sucking up the rope. I know just get out there and see what works for me...lol

Light wind I just tie mine off to the steering handle, you barely move. If it is a little more swift I tie off to the tow ring in the back and its still easy to reach.

+1
    I am on Lake Lewisville in Texas mostly and it can carry some huge wakes/rollers from the recreational SHIPS/YACHTS. I can see me tied off at the back and getting swamped..lol

+1
    I tie to the bow. The way I do it is I have a "retrieval" line I spliced into the anchor line that stays slacked and has an eye in the end that I just hang on my handle bar. When readt to retrieve the anchor, I just pul in the retrieval line to get to the main anchor line and retrieve the anchor.
    If you need more I can get some pictures of it on land.

Lasport, post some pics please. I went down to a bridge here today and it got very swift between pillars and boats going by. I need to figure something else out.

+1
    Here are the pics
    First pic- Shows the three ropes used in my set up. The main anchor line is whatever length you choose. The proper ratio is between 4 and 6 to 1. whatever the depth you need to multiply by at least 4 which I think is enough for a pwc because of their weight and resistance while anchored. This could change with current, depth, wind, and bottom. Notice the two shorter ones. The shortest is fron the bow eye to the anchor rope. The longer of the two is your retrieval line that is connected at the connection of all ropes and just hung on the bars. This needs to be longer so that it is never tight on the bars. The reason I use hardware rather than just splicing the three ropes together is convience. easier to un tangle and you can stow the 2 longer ropes and only have one short ropethat is actually still commected and easy to secure while riding. With this you also have a rope prepared to secure in the event of a tow or to secure to the stern or another ski or boat to relax at the sand bar.

Second shows the connecting point the other 2 ropes connect to the main line.

Third shows the way the main line and retrievalline are connected. The angle doesn't show how much slack I have but once you make your short mail line section measure from the end to your bars and add length to you liking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00161.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	2.73 MB 
ID:	186142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00162.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	2.67 MB 
ID:	186143   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00164.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	186144  

+1
    the rest
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00165.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	2.73 MB 
ID:	186148   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00166.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	2.89 MB 
ID:	186151  

+1
    I was thinking something like lasportsmn did but now that I see it laid out I think I would change one thing. I would make the bow line just as long as it takes to secure to my stearing column. That way when you pull anchor you don't have to worry about loose ropes. Unhook the anchor and leave the bow line on. Maybe a carbeener (sp?) Don't you love when someone asks a question and then answers it....lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcastle View Post
    I was thinking something like lasportsmn did but now that I see it laid out I think I would change one thing. I would make the bow line just as long as it takes to secure to my stearing column. That way when you pull anchor you don't have to worry about loose ropes. Unhook the anchor and leave the bow line on. Maybe a carbeener (sp?) Don't you love when someone asks a question and then answers it....lol
    What are you trying to say. when the anchor is pulled the bow line, the shortest is the only one that is not stowed. It reaches to the bars and is secured. If that is what you are saying then yes that is what is done. I forgot to write that part in... thanks for pointing that out.

What were you thinking I did with that rope. Just leave it loose?

+1
    lol Thats what I thought you said..lol If I stated the obvious its due to spending two days on the lake. Weekend for party weekdays for fishing......I think I will call in sick tomorrow...lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information