Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gti vs gtx

Gti vs gtx

I am looking for a ski for my wife, after searching the internet I finally narrowed it down to a GTI or a GTX

Both skis are locally listed on craigslist so I would be able to take them for a test drive. But I am wondering wich is the better deal, and if there is something specific with these models I should look for.

The GTI SE is a 2006 with 59 hours on it and the guy is asking 5500. What does the SI mean?

The GTX is a 2002 it has 61 hours on it, the guy is asking 4200.

Both skis are on trailers.

Thanks for any feedback you guys could give me.

+1
    I would go with the GTI with it being 4 years newer, not to mention with 155 hp and only 750 lbs, it will move along quite good.

SE means that it is the upgraded ski from the original GTI which has 130, the SE has 150 hp

+1
    Actually, the SE had 130 hp in '06, they didn't up the SE to 155 until '07. Sorry about that.

The GTX is nicer ski, but it is four years older. The would make me opt for the GTI as someone else mentioned. The "GTI SE" has nothing to do with the engine. It means it comes with mirrors, a boarding step and a nicer display over the GTI. Usually a different paint scheme as well. Maybe something else small I am missing. In 06 all the GTI's had the 130hp engine. Not sure what the GTX had in 02

But, how well they were taken care of counts a lot. If the GTI looks abused and the GTX looks cared for, go for the GTX. Defintely check them both out. I have seen 60 hour skis look new, and 60 hour skis I wouldn't take for free.

if your wife sees your avatar , I think you would be looking for a new wife as well !!! LOL

I would get the best cared ski regardless of its year since they both have hte same hours on them.

be sure to check for oil leaks in the hull and condition of the hull. cracks etc is what you should be looking for.

other than that they are both great skis evethough a gtx is a scale higher. but again since it is for your wife i don't think it would make such a difference. just get the best taken care of...

I found out yesterday that the GTI is sold. So I am going to try and take a look at the GTX this weekend, maybe drop it in the water and take it for a spin. We will see what happens.

So I went and looked at a 2007 GTI SE 130 4-TEC. The ski was immaculate, looked like brand new. The blue book on the ski was $5215.00, the guy was asking $7100.00. I made him a offer of $5300.00, and he said that he couldnt do that. He had a tube, ropes, lifejackets, and had added the ski pylon, but I dont think all that warrants the price. Am I wrong? Oh yeah it comes with a trailer also. Thanks Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Rford09 View Post
    So I went and looked at a 2007 GTI SE 130 4-TEC. The ski was immaculate, looked like brand new. The blue book on the ski was $5215.00, the guy was asking $7100.00. I made him a offer of $5300.00, and he said that he couldnt do that. He had a tube, ropes, lifejackets, and had added the ski pylon, but I dont think all that warrants the price. Am I wrong? Oh yeah it comes with a trailer also. Thanks Guys

Here's what I came up with:

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.as...S&gc=MR&gtc=MR

Plug in your zip & the figures may change a little depending on ur location.

Quote Originally Posted by Rford09 View Post
    How many hours were on the ski?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information