'04 F12X Vibration / Rough or ???

I have this '04 F Turbo and an '05 R Turbo and for the past few rides I've noticed the F has a kind of roughness or vibration at cruise - say 30mph on smooth water. Sounds like it's under the seat toward the rear - not been too noticeable but today several times I could hit the throttle and it almost felt like ...gear or clutch slip would if it had either - it wasn't cavitation and I don't think it's the engine skipping. The turbo still spins up and hits hard like always. Ski has about 90 well cared for hours on it (oil/CRC/Flush/grease fitting/etc.). I put plugs in it about a 5hrs ago ..for the heck of it so don't believe it could be that.

Can someone explain what wear parts could cause this roughness? Impeller bearing, pump? or ? I'm not that familiar with these yet as they have been trouble free thus far. At idle with water hose attached I feel vibration on both the R and F at idle - in fact my R is rougher in the driveway but it's silky smooth on water.

hmmmmmmmmmm, any ideas?

+1
    post in the performance section in the future for quicker response. I think you nailed it...pump brgs...mine has exactly same symptoms.

RESOLVED.

Dav: thanks for the reply. Yeah, tough to know if "performance" or "how to / Faqs" made more sense.

Anyway, I figured out the problem. MACSBOOST CHIP. I removed it and noted the three separate leads had some corrosion on them and must have been causing an intermittent cut out condition. I put the wiring back stock and ... ran like a top. I have cleaned the leads and coated them with anti-corrosion grease and all is well. My engine compartment never gets wet, skis are stored in my garage but somehow, this happened.

I'm sure glad nothing more serious. It's smooth and quiet now.

Quote Originally Posted by rstoomanyhobbies View Post
    Dav: thanks for the reply. Yeah, tough to know if "performance" or "how to / Faqs" made more sense.

Anyway, I figured out the problem. MACSBOOST CHIP. I removed it and noted the three separate leads had some corrosion on them and must have been causing an intermittent cut out condition. I put the wiring back stock and ... ran like a top. I have cleaned the leads and coated them with anti-corrosion grease and all is well. My engine compartment never gets wet, skis are stored in my garage but somehow, this happened.

I'm sure glad nothing more serious. It's smooth and quiet now.
    So do you wanna sell the macsboost chip? PM me if so.

Thread Information