Thread: HEATFADE

+1

HEATFADE

Today it was 94 degrees my rpm was down to 7950 do you think it was just the heat alone i was at 8150 two days ago when it was 82 i just changed my oil also thought it was right

+1
    High ambient temps can cause a drop in RPM's such as you have seen but if you just changed your oil I would double check it's at the right level. You want it mid way between the two bends on the stick with a hot engine.

+1
    same thing happened to me today, couldn't get over 7900

+1
    Checked my oil it is where it should be. It must be the heat nothing else has changed.do you think a rear air would pick up the difference

Banned User
    +1
    What air intake you running right now? You could install a 3" fan to suck that hot air out...

+1
    4 inch to the front never thought of a fan to suck out hot air

Banned User
    +1
    Is it blowing air in? Take the fan out of the front, put it in the rear vent tube, and suck air OUT...That setup allows for the any internal air to be pulled AWAY from the air intake up front...Pushing air in just allows for it to be circulated around the motor, getting hot, before going into the intake....Thats just my theory though...

But the heat fade you are experiencing is during a fast run, so the amount of air being pulled in by the SC will trump any fan setup...

But honestly, a 12-13 degree jump (plus humidity) will kill any ski, no matter what intake (some more, some less)...so a 200 rpm drop sounds normal, especially if you have been running all day or just did a long run...

+1
    Thought about a small hood scoop n the front.then i would cut out 2 4 in holes in the storage bucket up high so any water would just fall to the bottom of the bucket.has anyone tryed it be fore

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspeed View Post
    Thought about a small hood scoop n the front.then i would cut out 2 4 in holes in the storage bucket up high so any water would just fall to the bottom of the bucket.has anyone tryed it be fore
    I did this to mine a couple years ago with no issues. I also have 2" flo-rites at the rear for air to pass through the hull. Works best if you have a removable storage bin. I made the plate to snap in where the storage bin does. The plate has a gasket on the back of it. The flo-rites are 4" from sledparts.com. The flo-rite across from the gas filler is a 2 1/2". You can also hear the s/c whine good too.

Scott
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0367.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	186384   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0368.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	186385  

Thread Information