Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Goal searching: 75mph for 800 bucks

Ok So im changin this whole thread ive got lots of info and help from Craigo and others...

So here goes nothing... my parts are starting to get to my door step... my goal really is to get to 75mph while spending under 800 bucks... I will start installing everything this weekend and hopefully have it in the water for a speed test by next sunday (weather permitting)

Heres what i have so far (my 07 charger with washers and BOV don't count they were added before i decided to go fast just for preventative maintenance)

What i have:
    Used riva intake-88 bucks
    Used Riva free flow exhaust-88 bucks
    Used Monster c3 wheel-330 bucks
    Ride plate holes filled- Freebie
    Stock prop bent to my specs- freebie
    Reverse bucket mod- Freebie
    Brand new plastic wear ring- 60 bucks

Total: $566 bucks

What i know i still need

Riva intake grate- 129 bucks

My baseline was 67.0 MPH GPS @ 7950 RPMS with everything BONE stock
    Air Temp: 85 Degrees Water Temp: 61 Degrees
    Best run was running with the current/outgoing tide
    Water wasn't bad but wasn't glassy either porpoising was a problem
    Last edited by enjoisht; 05-06-2010 at 12:19 PM.

Banned User
    +1
    Focus on getting more air IN to the SC, getting it COOLER, and getting it OUT. 75 is an obtainable goal, just pay attention to details...

But before you do any of that, what was you RPM when you GPS'd it at 67.0mph?? That very important to know what your base is relative to your speed...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Focus on getting more air IN to the SC, getting it COOLER, and getting it OUT. 75 is an obtainable goal, just pay attention to details...

But before you do any of that, what was you RPM when you GPS'd it at 67.0mph?? That very important to know what your base is relative to your speed...

cool! do i HAVE to get an intercooler? cuz they are realllly expensive!!

my RPMS were 7950 if im not mistaken.... i started out at 65.3 but the wind was not friendly and i couldnt get the ski to stop hopping... finally flattened out and i pretty much had to superman the ski to get it to stop hopping ( i played with the VTS also )

+1
    Im not that good on a computer but there is a thread on how to build a 75 plus rxp on a budget hope you orderd your stuff from online store

Banned User
    +1
    There are several ways to get to that speed, but realistically if you can obtain MAIN 4 items, you will get to 75...

Air intake (4" or rear air)
    SC upgrade ( Riva Gen 2 or higher)
    IC kit (Fizzle kit or equivilant)
    Taller prop (Solas 15/20 or Skat 15/19)

The rest is fine tuning those items to work with each other, but the right combination is good for 75+...Just takes time, elbow grease, and $$$...be prepared to spend $1000-1500 when all is done, even on used equipment...

sweet thanks guys i think i am buying that monster c3 wheel on the used section for 350... i hear its a good "drop in" wheel

ok so my next time out i should have the riva intake, free flow exhaust, filled ride plate holes and the c3 wheel.... i know i will be on stock intake grate and stock pump impeller for a little while but i am going to see how this works out... will i need injectors with this wheel or will the stock ones work for now?

dont get a riva intake, you can put one together your self that makes more power and is cheaper. all you need is about 7 feet of kanaflex hose a spectra 4'' filter and some other cheap parts. and you probably should run bigger injectors like 42's. Also with the free flow exhaust. my setup is around 40 bucks just some pipes from cxracing.com and some clamps and couplings from silicone intakes. its cheaper and sounds better than the expensive riva free flow. IFF you can get an IC for cheap it would be nice, but you might have to run a FPR,(fuel pressure regulator). and prop is where u will get the most speed from.

Next up i need an intake grate... damn i might have to wait until next paycheck for that one

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information