Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Help me with RXP Cavitation problem!!!

I posted before, but wanted to catch yall up to speed. 04 used RXP. Took it out for the first time a couple of weeks ago and she spins pretty bad on take off. I ordered a new 14/19 prop and wear ring. When I ordered he told me to look at the intake shoe. All 8 fins on the shoe where broke in some way or the other. I read on this site to just grind them off smooth, so I did. I took the ski out today and still have the problem. Once you get 2 to 5 mph and then hit it hard it will take off like a bullit. But from a dead stop or spin if you hit hard it just spins or cavitates. What do I need to do guys????????????

Thanks, Bryan

+1
    I take it the new prop and wear ring are in???If so then look at the gasket that goes between the pump and pump shoe,and then look at the carbon seal..Chances are your carbon seal is going bad...

??

What is the carbon seal?? What gasket?? I had all the pump off to do the prop and wear ring, but I am new to this stuff.

Thanks, Bryan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Five 0 View Post
    What is the carbon seal?? What gasket?? I had all the pump off to do the prop and wear ring, but I am new to this stuff.

Thanks, Bryan
    There is a boot below your supercharger that houses this. It is basically the seal that keeps the water out of your hull in essence.

+1

Thanks, Bryan

On your pump there is a big black rubber seal/gasket..Sometimes they can get kinked or even come off...As far as your carbon seal it is the black carbon piece that is at the end of the accordian boot..they all do eventually go bad..Here is a pick of the whole seal assembly...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2946.JPG 
Views:	2210 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	186189  

??

So can the carbon seal be bad and no water come into the hull?? Not getting any water. Rode for 3 hours today and pulled the plugs on the trailer. No water. I do have a weird sound when the ski gets airborne off of a wave. If on the gas or if I let off it makes the noise. Sounds like a tire skidding on pavement sort of. What could that be??

Bryan

+1
    So can the carbon seal be bad and no water come into the hull?? Not getting any water. Rode for 3 hours today and pulled the plugs on the trailer. No water. I do have a weird sound when the ski gets airborne off of a wave. If on the gas or if I let off it makes the noise. Sounds like a tire skidding on pavement sort of. What could that be??

Bryan

I have seen a worn carbon seal and it not leak any water.
    But also remember, you got a stock bilige system that works under power, so if you have a small leak you want ever know as it will keep the hull dry,.

??

So this seal can cause cavitation like I have?? I did not know I had a bilge pump. Could be then. I will look at it. Plan on pulling the Supercharger next, so will be able to look then. So do any of you have the fins grinded off of your intake shoe?? The guy I bought the stuff from said that would also cause cavitation.

Bryan

+1
    So this seal can cause cavitation like I have?? I did not know I had a bilge pump. Could be then. I will look at it. Plan on pulling the Supercharger next, so will be able to look then. So do any of you have the fins grinded off of your intake shoe?? The guy I bought the stuff from said that would also cause cavitation.

Bryan

Yes, many of us.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3027.jpg 
Views:	711 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	186198  

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    I take it the new prop and wear ring are in???If so then look at the gasket that goes between the pump and pump shoe,and then look at the carbon seal..Chances are your carbon seal is going bad...

do we have a picture of a worn carbon seal ? where exactly is it going bad ?

because I cannot understand how the carbon seal itself can create cavtation, since it is rotating itself to create cavitation.so a picture would greatly help me understand. thx

also what do you mean by grinding inteke fins shoe and which one exaclty is this pump shoe ?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information