Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question VX110 questions: New to this forum...

I'm new to the pwc world but was previously very handy with cars and would be grateful for any help.

Pardon my ignorance... Is there any difference between the "Riva air intake" and a intake that you can fab up yourself (for example: K&N and piping?). Is the riva intake just a piping and filter? or is there something between the pipe and intake manifold to prevent hydrolock? Is the Riva intake 3" in diameter?

For some reason my ski pulls great and runs strong, but only hits 48-50 mph on the Dream-o-meter...? Not sure what gives but im looking to get another 10 mph's out of it. I'm curious if a ride plate is a good investment on the vx110?

What was your best "bang for the buck" mod on your VX? and what kind of gains did you see?

I was thinking: air intake, grate, ride plate & prop? Does the exhaust mod make your ski too loud?

Any info is appreciated! Thanks again!

Banned User
    +1
    i had a vx for a while, then decided it would be a waste of money to try and go fast with it. its just not designed to go fast. you can make it "faster" but if you got the itch to go fast and thats your ultimate goal its gonna be real hard and cost a bunch.
    as for the exhaust, it make it a little louder but i though the air intake made more noise. right up front and you can really hear it sucking up air!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    i had a vx for a while, then decided it would be a waste of money to try and go fast with it.
    +1.

Hi. What year is your ski? How is the pump liner and impeller? I did a new pump liner and send my imprller to SBT to get one of there refurbished impeller and it made a BIG difference in speed. and removed my air filter box

Quote Originally Posted by tttoys View Post
    Hi. What year is your ski? How is the pump liner and impeller? I did a new pump liner and send my imprller to SBT to get one of there refurbished impeller and it made a BIG difference in speed. and removed my air filter box
    To the other guys... I'm not looking for a "super fast ski". I use my ski for tow-in surfing, wake-skating and very rarely will use for typically pwc play. I want the increased of speed for getting to my location as fast as possible. I purchase the vx110 for value, reliability and efficiency. So I will NOT be selling my ski.

So that being said.. What's a "pump liner"? Is it better to have your impeller refurbished apposed to just buying a aftermarket one? is there a big $$$ difference between the 2 options?

Thanks!

+1
    You can maybe get the ski to do about 57 if you put mods in it, not quite sure. Your ski seems to be running a bit slow if 50 is the highest the speedo will go. I've gps'd mine at 53 and it hits 55 and for a split second 56 on my speedo in super flat conditions. I know the online store has a rpm kit for the vx, just not sure what performance gains it gives. Maybe someone who knows can post the info.

Hi. the pump liner is were the impellers is. There should be very little space from the walls of the line to impellers. If there is a big gap you need to replace both parts. SBT (shopsbt.com) 1-877-330-0231 Has the best price on refurbished impellers Give them a call you will save LOTS of $$$$$$

SLOW....sounds like you picked the right bike for what you want to do. I wouldn't sell it either. The VX is one of best all around bikes around. It's not the fastest bike out there, but one of the most reliable and it does many things well.
    After some speed issues with mine, I installed a RIVA sealed pump unit and a new intake grate.......it made a HUGE difference !!! Cavitation problem went away and it bites much better. The stock intake grates are garbage.
    As for speed mods, I agree with the guys above........don't waste your money trying to make this into a GPR because it will never happen. 55-60 mph is about right for this bike, depending on your riding conditions. Removing air box, intake grate, sealed pump, maybe a better impeller..........those are easy mods that will put on a few more knots. Beyond that, I wouldn't waste the money.

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    Check your air filter to make sure its not soiled with oil, that is the biggest problem VX110's face. That, and spark plugs every 30-40 hours.

+1
    get a gps and see where ur speeds are i see in ur post that it pulls strong probably just the stock speedo they are never that accurate.id say if u want to do some basic mods to get alittle more out of it

air intake
    exhaust
    prop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information