Thread: JCB backhoe?

Try not to smile on a Jetski... GPRFrank's Avatar
    +1

JCB backhoe?

Worth a shot asking with so many forum members on here there has to be 1 or 2 mechanics for JCB. I own a road construction company. I have 2 john deere backhoes 310sj's and 2 JCB 214 series3. My one JCB wich is a 2003 is having hydrolic problem when im digging. It runs fine then all of the sudden it slows to half speed. But only while digging or swinging the backhoe boom. Everything else has full power The pump sounds a little higher pitch then usaul. I have changed a hydro fluids and filters, and top off. Still happens Machine has only 2200hrs. Would like to fix on my own. With today econemy I cant afford to pay dealer prices, Anybody have this machine or is a JCB mechanics?????? Please help!!!!!!!

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    most likely you have a seal out..or going out in the hydraulic pump. a good way to check for this is if you leave the bucket in the air does it leak down running or not?

+1

jcb bachoe

Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    most likely you have a seal out..or going out in the hydraulic pump. a good way to check for this is if you leave the bucket in the air does it leak down running or not?
    Yes i tried that! Running and even sitting over nite no seeping or moving at all. I also wanted to add the backoe is equipt with the button to swith hydro to slower speed for tighter spots. If they may help. also the stabilizers go up and down slow too. But this machine lifts pipe and pushes piles like no other

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    that switch you are refering to may have a short in it...see if you can unhook it and see if that solves your problems if you have tried that already

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    pm Mkaman.... i know he has a JCB

+1

jcb

Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    that switch you are refering to may have a short in it...see if you can unhook it and see if that solves your problems if you have tried that already
    I haven't tried that yet.... You probably already know they always have elecrtical problems.... I already replaced my tach twice. I will try this. What would be signs that pump is bad? Can pump be adjusted? thanks for taking this time to help....... frank

+1
    im not at all familiar with jcb. we run Newholland, kubota, and Cats or at least i used to up till a few days ago. we had a bad pump in one machine and it had no power at all. It would seem to me that you have a short in that switch like airbornexp said or some kind of safety feature is kicking in. Like if the machine is over heating it slows the machine down to put less strain on the cooling system.

+1

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    pm Mkaman.... i know he has a JCB
    Thanks I wil PM him.......

+1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stingray152003 View Post
    im not at all familiar with jcb. we run Newholland, kubota, and Cats or at least i used to up till a few days ago. we had a bad pump in one machine and it had no power at all. It would seem to me that you have a short in that switch like airbornexp said or some kind of safety feature is kicking in. Like if the machine is over heating it slows the machine down to put less strain on the cooling system.
    Im thinking he may be right as well. Im thinking if it was pump it would happen all the time. Just now to disconect the switch i would have to figure out if no power through switch would put it to slower mode or faster.... Thanks for all the help so far guys. i figure tomorrow i will go through some wires....

Thread Information