Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

3Rude Review from a Rec Rider

Well guys i finally bit the bullet and bought a 3rude supercharger last week.

Now i have been thinking about this charger for the last couple of months and was concerned about the boost people are seeing out of this charger.

Jerry and Nil's know the pain i have put them through in deciding to get one. ( Sorry guys)

Alot of people are saying they only see 15.5 psi and is very similar to the C-Kit, etc.

So this weekend i put it through its paces and this charger is simply amazing.

I did a total of 9 hours riding in two days in 2-3 ft chop and i was beating on this charger something wicked to see if i could get the thing to lose boost.

Now i wasnt running it WOT and coming unhooked every second but i was hard on it most of the time skimming across the chop.

I checked the slip before i installed the charger and Nils had set it up to 19 FT-LBS and i havent checked it again after the 9 hours but its still boosting the same as it was from new.

Now whoever says that the performance is the same as the C-kit is wrong.

I gained 300 RPM over my C-kit and this charger pulls a shit load harder.

In our 28 degree weather over here and high Humidity i am constantly seeing 16.8 PSI with the seat on etc and seeing 17.5 with seat off @ 8600 RPM.

This ski has been reving hard at 8600-8620 all weekend and loves it.

Im going to have to put a bit more pitch in to the prop to get it off the limiter.

Also i tried the Riva Rear Air setup and the best i could out of it was 15 psi @ 8500 RPM with the prefilter etc still on.

The best airfilter setup for this charger i have found is 90 degree 4inch reducing elbow with a 4 straight pipe for about 250mm and then a 4 inch stainless fiilter on top. Also running 3 Florites down each side of cowling.

Now my ski is an 2007 and i also did the 08 oiling mod at the same time as installing this charger and you HAVE to run this setup on anything bigger than a 2Rude.

I had a 2Rude before the C-kit and after a couple of unhooks in choppy conditions the charger starts to slip really bad but this was also with the stock beville washers and the charger setup at 15 FT-LBS.

Im going to beat on this charger next weekend and see how many hours i can get before it starts to slip and should be broken in by then.

This charger is just simply amazing and would not hesitate in buying it again.

Good rwview thanks. What is psi at 8100? What is the estimated life before rebuilding ?

So what is the mods needed to use it?

+1
    Im not sure what the boost is at 8100.

Also not sure on when it should be rebuilt. I will prob rebuild it around 50 hours for peace of mind.

Im running 50lb injectors and Riva ECU with a RRFPR but due to our warm conditions here im on the edge to not running lean.

People in colder climates will need a fuel controller and bigger injectors, etc.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    i am good with mine so far as well..i see a constant 16 on my guage .. at 8500 ..it only goes whole numbers..but the volume is OMG my ski pulls it has been about 15 hours now some chop some river so far slip is fine...

i run a 4 inch 90 that goes to a aluminum cone if you will like the riva rear air..
    my thoughts are the rear of the seat is a vaccum area aerodynamicaly at speed ..causing the charger to fight a little to suck it in but it is all fresh air..it really isnt the best but the best we have ...i too pick up rpm when i take the seat off..i think that is why...it isnt so much the heat...as i thought because it isnt breathing..the hot air from the engine...

Quote Originally Posted by rick xp View Post
    Im not sure what the boost is at 8100.

Also not sure on when it should be rebuilt. I will prob rebuild it around 50 hours for peace of mind.

Im running 50lb injectors and Riva ECU with a RRFPR but due to our warm conditions here im on the edge to not running lean.

People in colder climates will need a fuel controller and bigger injectors, etc.
    Why u didn't keep Les Cooke ECU?

What is ur stop speed right now?

+1
    Pull your charger off now & check your slip. If its still good, go find some really rough stuff & run it for about 20-30 minutes & check the slip again. Mine would still put out some serious air even when the slip had dropped. Just make sure that your drive gear & washers are not starting to discolor dure to excessive heat. If all looks good, happy riding. I just want you to be sure that you don't have some components getting too hot & you don't realize it because you are still getting some nice boost readings. Note: I have seen 14 1bs. of boost & the slip was down to 12.5 lbs. I loved the charger too. I just could not get it to hold slip in offshore & endurance conditions. Good luck. Hope it continues to work well for you.

Doug

+1
    I'm glad you like the 3rude Rick. I knew you would

Quote Originally Posted by danieletrono View Post
    Good rwview thanks. What is psi at 8100? What is the estimated life before rebuilding ?

So what is the mods needed to use it?

@8160 RPM we have seen 14.2 bound of boost
    Slip was set @ 19.5 lb-ft

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakRXP1200 View Post
    Why u didn't keep Les Cooke ECU?

What is ur stop speed right now?
    I havent checked speeds yet and i never had a Les Cooke ECU.

Will always run a Riva ECU or Motec eventually.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Dawg View Post
    Pull your charger off now & check your slip. If its still good, go find some really rough stuff & run it for about 20-30 minutes & check the slip again. Mine would still put out some serious air even when the slip had dropped. Just make sure that your drive gear & washers are not starting to discolor dure to excessive heat. If all looks good, happy riding. I just want you to be sure that you don't have some components getting too hot & you don't realize it because you are still getting some nice boost readings. Note: I have seen 14 1bs. of boost & the slip was down to 12.5 lbs. I loved the charger too. I just could not get it to hold slip in offshore & endurance conditions. Good luck. Hope it continues to work well for you.

Doug

Thanks for the info Doug.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information