Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Took out my 2009 260X out for first ride

I took out my green 2009 Kawasaki 260X out for the first time and put on roughly 2 hours on it.
    I GPS'ed it at 65.7 mph on calm water.
    How does that sound for not fully broken in yet.

Oh and by the way, I went out with my Yamaha Raptor 700 later that day and had an accident and tore my bicep and I am getting surgery the end of this week.

So now I will have my brand new 260X sitting in my garage for atleast 2 months until I recover.

This fugging sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by toofast View Post
    I took out my green 2009 Kawasaki 260X out for the first time and put on roughly 2 hours on it.
    I GPS'ed it at 65.7 mph on calm water.
    How does that sound for not fully broken in yet.

Oh and by the way, I went out with my Yamaha Raptor 700 later that day and had an accident and tore my bicep and I am getting surgery the end of this week.

So now I will have my brand new 260X sitting in my garage for atleast 2 months until I recover.

This fugging sucks.
    Sorry about that injury. Now you can mod and polish her up while you are waiting! The next ride will be epic.

My wife broke her leg on the second trip out last year, so most of the hours on her ski are from my friends.

Congrats on your new ride anyway. I just got my water leak fixed and am looking forward to my trouble free ride Wed.

+1
    get rid of that raptor and get a banshee. i cannot stand how top heavy raptors are, they ride like blasters lol. sorry u got hurt bro. im about to drop my 260 in the water hopefully thurs, just finishing up putting the audio in it.

+1
    That's bad luck dude I feel sorry for you,I know what it's like to come off and not be able to ride for months.

Thanks guys, I know this sucks with my injury.

By the way official_style, I used to have a Banshee, but I got sick of 2 strokes.
    My Raptor 700 is far from stock, I have Gibson +3 + 1 a-arms Lonstar + 4 extended axle, Precision steering dampner with Elka Elite front and rear shocks, and a bunch of motor work, with Barker Duals.

My Raptor 700 does not feel tippy at all, and hauls freaking ass, now the Rappy 660 was top heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by official_style View Post
    get rid of that raptor and get a banshee. I cannot stand how top heavy raptors are, they ride like blasters lol. Sorry u got hurt bro. Im about to drop my 260 in the water hopefully thurs, just finishing up putting the audio in it.
    can you tell me about the audio??? Would love to have some jams on mine...pics would be great

Quote Originally Posted by KWO View Post
    can you tell me about the audio??? Would love to have some jams on mine...pics would be great
    Full wave audio system. Google them. its excelent stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by KWO View Post
    Agreed. Would love to see where you put the speakers and definitely want to know how they sound. I see that they are sold in the online store...

+1
    too fast how does the raptor handle now that u got it wide? my boy crashed his raptor so we ordered the wicked +2 arms, i told him he needs and axle too, stock that thing is so tippy bro. both my banshees i have lonestar +4 axles and wicked +2+1s, and flip front and rear rims, it handles like a go cart, the raptor i couldnt whip it around corners like i can my banshee, i was shook it was gonna tip over.

now onto the audio... i went with this setup:
    http://www.soggydogaudio.com/

im almost done, i just have to put the hood back together tomorrow. it is a pain in the ass, and involves a lot of black silicone, time, beer etc. but the speakers sound good and go pretty loud, ill be able to hear it if i have it cranked up while im riding. with an odessey u can run it with the ski off for like 3 hours. get jumper cables. here are pics of where im at... its a pain in the ass, but i am going to be CHILLING this summer with my iphone hooked up.

Quote Originally Posted by official_style View Post
    too fast how does the raptor handle now that u got it wide? my boy crashed his raptor so we ordered the wicked +2 arms, i told him he needs and axle too, stock that thing is so tippy bro. both my banshees i have lonestar +4 axles and wicked +2+1s, and flip front and rear rims, it handles like a go cart, the raptor i couldnt whip it around corners like i can my banshee, i was shook it was gonna tip over.

now onto the audio... i went with this setup:
    http://www.soggydogaudio.com/

im almost done, i just have to put the hood back together tomorrow. it is a pain in the ass, and involves a lot of black silicone, time, beer etc. but the speakers sound good and go pretty loud, ill be able to hear it if i have it cranked up while im riding. with an odessey u can run it with the ski off for like 3 hours. get jumper cables. here are pics of where im at... its a pain in the ass, but i am going to be CHILLING this summer with my iphone hooked up.

My Raptor 700 handles as well as a widened YFZ 450.
    I could slide my rappy with ease and it does not feel tippy one bit.
    And the power on it is just nasty, I have a JE 11.1 piston, Barker Duals, Trinity Air Intake, PC 111 Hot Cam stage 3.
    My next project is go with a 804 bb kit for it from rocket Factory, with porting,+4 stroker crank bigger injectors, bigger valves and a more aggressive cam like a mega cycle.

Oh and by the way, your stereo looks great like it was factory installed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information