Thread: Dual prop????

Dual prop????

So Rius racing sent me another email statig that they have many customers out there using their dualprop setup with great results in both topspeed and no cavitation.Best thing going according to them.If this is the case can one of these happy customers chime in so I can go out and get me one......

Quote Originally Posted by GMONEY View Post
    So Rius racing sent me another email statig that they have many customers out there using their dualprop setup with great results in both topspeed and no cavitation.Best thing going according to them.If this is the case can one of these happy customers chime in so I can go out and get me one......

Well, if silence of results tells us anything then it must be performing well.
    If it were a piece of crap most would likely tell us (publicly) quickly.

I'm just going to glue one of these to my Skat

+1
    Without going into any detail, Dean's Team this weekend had a twin prop on their Limited FZR. They (Dustin) entered it into the OPEN class. It out accelerated all boats. Consistently. Top end speed was right in line with Warner. Warner was on his back up boat, but that boat has a world title also.

Amy Green used the same boat in Limited Class. I will throw up some helmet cam footage and you will see her pulling away from me. I was only at 8000 RPM's though. But she pulled away from me easily. She took 1st & I took 3rd overall. With that being said, the props still need more development according to most of the folks there. For whatever reason Rius was not racing and I don't know why. If he is in the business to sell parts and boats, going out there and winning would have helped. Dean's Team took home a lot of hardware this weekend.

Here is some footage that was on facebook. Not sure if you will be able to see it if your not friends with Warren Frank, but it is from the Open Class and you will see the Blue FZR (Dean's Team) getting the holeshot: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=393740851859

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    With that being said, the props still need more development according to most of the folks there.
    +1

And this is the reason R&D has not released their dual impeller setup.
    I have customers that have tried them and speed losses were from 5 to 9 mph.

Give it some time for more development and this will be a good setup.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    Without going into any detail, Dean's Team this weekend had a twin prop on their Limited FZR. They (Dustin) entered it into the OPEN class. It out accelerated all boats. Consistently. Top end speed was right in line with Warner. Warner was on his back up boat, but that boat has a world title also.

Amy Green used the same boat in Limited Class. I will throw up some helmet cam footage and you will see her pulling away from me. I was only at 8000 RPM's though. But she pulled away from me easily. She took 1st & I took 3rd overall. With that being said, the props still need more development according to most of the folks there. For whatever reason Rius was not racing and I don't know why. If he is in the business to sell parts and boats, going out there and winning would have helped. Dean's Team took home a lot of hardware this weekend.

Here is some footage that was on facebook. Not sure if you will be able to see it if your not friends with Warren Frank, but it is from the Open Class and you will see the Blue FZR (Dean's Team) getting the holeshot: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=393740851859
    A great deal of work has gone into Dean's twin prop setup. His inducer props are basically made by hand. Its not something you can buy and is still more for closed course then anything. He has singles that will holeshot just as good but don't perform in the rough like the twins do.

Congradulations to Dustin, Amy and Dean!!!

Thread Information