Thread: Raider 701

Raider 701

Hey guys finally got my raider running perfect but as any raider owner knows it is a hell of a ride. What can I expect by adding the R and D ride plate and an extended jet nozzle, or are they worth it at all? Do they make sponson kits for it? What can I do? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Nick

+1
    scoop grate and ride plate helped for me, but ur never gonna get it to handle good, they are just good for going straight.

Yeah thats what I kinda figured. What did you get out of the scoop grate and ride plate, more speed, acceleration?

+1
    it gained some speed in the chop, because it was sucking air less, but it was still sucking a ton of air. on glass it would start porpising a little at WOT. the rideplate definetly helped in the chop tho, by keeping the nose up more.

oh ok, yeah im probably gonna do the ride plate and an extended jet nozzle, for the amount of wave jummping i do, id rather leave my intake grate alone, but i found some riva sponsons that i may lookinto, and eventually i would like to get a factory pipe, but id have to have the carbs re jetted and im not up for that now, i just got it running right stock lol

Handling

The mods I did for handling in chop was R&D grate, Pro-Tec ride plate, Beach House sponsons. It makes the craft feel like it's riding on rails. Eliminated the hoping from side to side in chop, but you still need to be a good rider. The grate does drag on glass and will slow you up a bit. It's a compromise you make.

Sponsons are a pain to add to 94's but to improve handling you really gotta get rid of those worthless little stock spinout sponsons. if you go the sponson route, be prepared for fiberglass cuts & rash on your arms from reaching deep inside the hull. You'll also need a heated putty knife to remove the foam. Aftermarket pipe install was easier than sponsons.

Thread Information