Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PVC Air Intake

+1

PVC Air Intake

Has anyone ever considered plumbing a PVC 4" intake? I was looking today and I figure the air would pass smoother through the tubing, and I would be able to seal it to prevent water intrution.... heaven forbid.. anyone try this?

+1

pvc intake

pvc a good idea wish i would have given it a try. cx racing is a good place to get metal for a good price. did my 4" rear air for about $80.00

Banned User
    +1
    Its been tried in the past, and is a good idea....However the bends are not truely 4" internally, and the measure/cutting/fitment/removing/trimming you would be doing is what will kills the idea. The is not enough room inside to make a straight run in any direction.......

SO......Just do a kanaflex setup, its very forgiving when going around the motor, and the time you save on labor/headaches will be worth it

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    This is what I have used for several installs. It is thinner, lighter, and larger ID than PVC, and it's smoother on the inside than Kanaflex. However, it is not nearly as simple to install as the Kanaflex and I highly doubt any flow rate difference between the two is noticeable. I have the length measurements for each section written on the tubes of one ski, but will not have access to that particular ski until the weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01047.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	475.6 KB 
ID:	186305  

Made this up for my Rxp a few weeks ago, used to have the Riva Powerfilter kit. Filter sits right under the small glove box.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrola View Post
    Made this up for my Rxp a few weeks ago, used to have the Riva Powerfilter kit. Filter sits right under the small glove box.

That's fricken awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Gtrola View Post

I made a very similar setup with all alloy 4 inch pipe for my RXT 2 years ago,...it looked awesome as does yours, but there was no way in hell I was going to get the straight section installed without removing the engine. Kanaflex was the answer!!

Cheers

Chris.

So you guys get 4 " kanaflex from somewhere and run it around the engine out back by the back seat on an RXT? Then do you put some sort of filter on it? I have searched for install directions but really havent found any. This is much cheaper than the 4" riva kit does it work as well? Does it usually go out back? Just trying to get some more info on this mod before I drop the hammer on the riva kit or buy the kanaflex. I love the kit you made, but I have a RXT and I am not pulling the engine to put it in hehehe

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    I think I know the answer to this question but i'll ask anyway....why not just slap the air filter element on the SC and call it good instead of adding all the hose/pipe ect?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    I think I know the answer to this question but i'll ask anyway....why not just slap the air filter element on the SC and call it good instead of adding all the hose/pipe ect?
    Yes you could do that but, then the SC is getting only real HOT air. The goal is to get as fresh / cool air as you can to the TB via the IC and SC.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information