Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

gp1200r 300 hours With A cat Converter still installllllllllled!

so, i Bought this ski and its been giving problems since day one, speed and low end performance. Said the hell with it i plan on keeping it so why not go through everything got the stinger out in 45 minutes and the CAT was still in there 310 hours on the ski!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was in pretty good shape compared to pics ive seen here.

tomorrow im going to go ahead and dothe

1)free flow upgrade with PVC

2)D plate ( how can i foul the computer to thinking it still has a CAT without buying the chip???)

3)Also Can i gut the Waterbox while im at it? will i feel any difference of hear any difference?

free flow will slow you down on top end, it will give you a bit better bottom and mid
    don't gut the water box, NOT GOOD its not a 4 stoke!!!

+1
    I know people on this forum, who to save a buck installed the PVC free flow and ended up with a sunk ski due to it melting. I know others who never had an issue, so go into this nickel and dime thing with eyes open.

my friend has the riva FF but man that thing is way tooooo loud! so i want to do thick PVC so thats its less sound. I was researching and people use the PVC structure 40 or something lke that which is used in the plumbing for bathrooms. heard anyting about this?

+1
    I work in plastics and I already said what I think, I would never put one in my ski period not worth the risk.

Buy the Riva 1300 one piece silicone rubber tube, double up on the hose clamps and call it a day.

that sounds like aa better idea, and will keep the sound ven lower!! thanks

does the rubber pipe make it way louder? I rode a friends 1200 with the sound suppression removed with the aluminum tube and when it was cruising it was so loud like a deep bass sound it mate it unbearable almost. I have herd of the stock sound suppression device coming apart and sinking the ski so I would like to take it out but not if its so loud its unbearable to ride!

+1
    310 hours on a stock cat! i believe you hold the record.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    I work in plastics and I already said what I think, I would never put one in my ski period not worth the risk.

Buy the Riva 1300 one piece silicone rubber tube, double up on the hose clamps and call it a day.
    This is extremely good advise......your ski will not sink unless your at the extreme end of the lake farthest from your trailer,sun going down,no one around, and a horny water mocossin patently waiting your entry into his world.

+1...another vote for the rubber FF from Riva. I too believe there would be a potential saftey issue with pvc particulary if it is installed/does not have clearance from the rear fiberglass bulkhead area. The FF rubber is made for high temp applications; mine installed, rests right up against the bulkhead. Plus anything metal or plastic would arguabley transmit a louder sound v. the rubber.

Just want to put that out there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information