Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

98 gsxl 951 , what to do to get a little more out of it, and only spining 6700 rpms?

alright well the ski is running great, better than last year out of the whole for soem reason, i rebuilt the carbs last year with bills never go lean jet kit,as well as proks. and it changed the ski in a good way. i still am not getting the full rpms though., i think 6700 is the max i am seeing. also it seems like their is a flat spot in power on top. air screws are at 1.5 out. other wise ski is stock.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    I think thats a pretty good rpm you're turning, the max I believe it around 7k. I wouldnt sacrifice a top end for just a few rpms.

What has been your best speed?

+1
    Our '02 GTX will turn just under 6900 most days of the year and 6950 if it is under 70 degrees.

That is with just Proks and jets.

So, you say your screws are out 1.5 turns. Is that the HS or LS screws? If it is the HS, then what is your jetting?

+1
    i believe mains closed and 1.5 on lows, i am thinking of turning in a 1/4 turn on the lows. as for jetting i dont recall, its what ever the kit the bill o neal came up with. supposedly true and tested. and in my case so far so good but seems like it could have more.

+1
    Well, my '00 RX turns more Rs with a stock air box so you are losing it somewhere.

I am not sure 1/4 turn on the lows would do that either. Pretty much the LS screws are used to smooth the idle though total jetting and mixture adjustments do have to be considered.

How much slack is in the throttle lever and the cable at the carbs? There should be a little in the cable at the carbs and about a nickle's clearence between the base of the lever and the throttle base.

If the plates are getting anywhere near the opening in the booster you should get full Rs out of it (a few degrees of open/close does not affect it, you see) but if you are only getting about say 85% that could do it.

Sea 1996 GTX Sea Doo Still Having Rev Problems after new rectifier installed

I am still running into the same issues with the ski not performing as well as it should. My 1996 GTX It can't even keep up with my 1997 venture 760. When I get any air or go over chop it just drops RPMs, almost like it is bogging down. The new rectifier is installed, new fuel lines, filter, new battery. The ski only has 35 hours on it, and it is all fresh water, but 40mph is very slow for this ski. I need help please.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kylegladney View Post
    I am still running into the same issues with the ski not performing as well as it should. My 1996 GTX It can't even keep up with my 1997 venture 760. When I get any air or go over chop it just drops RPMs, almost like it is bogging down. The new rectifier is installed, new fuel lines, filter, new battery. The ski only has 35 hours on it, and it is all fresh water, but 40mph is very slow for this ski. I need help please.
    You would be better served to start a new thread. There may not be as many 787 guys looking at a 951 thread (though there are a few who cross polinate).

Besides, thread jacking is so PWC-Today.

+1
    hmm ok, i will play with my water valves and clean my exhaust valves and see what happens. .

Quote Originally Posted by kylegladney View Post
    Were the new fuels lines verified to be installed correctly and the vent line check valves working correctly ?

Some items come to mind considering the Fuel system is not causing any Fuel *delivery* problems. You *did* get rid of those Grey Fuel lines didn't you ?

1) With or without the accelerator pump active ? If it came from Bill 'O then you have no worries there since he only sells kits that have been tested/tried and true. But if he was not aware of your Acc. Pump usage then that's another thing to consider.

2) What is the condition of your Jet Pump Wear Ring and Impeller Blade edges ?

3) RAVE Valves are clean and working properly

4) Water Control Valve/ Mid-Pipe Injector Line/ Fitting is clean and working properly and the WCV Bellows has no cuts in the underside from a rusting clip.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information