Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Show me your SC intakes.

Im looking for some ideas. I thought that instead of doing what we normaly do with the rxps (using about 8' of kanaflex and winding it all the way around to the front) I might use an intake that goes straight back and draws air from the opening in my fiberglass seat. I dont plan to ride the ski routinely in chop so Im not really worried about water ingestion, not to mention, unless the ski comes down right on the tail end, its hard to get a direct splash up and in there.
    If I do this, I need to use something that is rigid and then I have to find a way to fasten it to something. I could just use some sort of a collar around the pipe and then connect it to the overflow bottle bracket with some wire-ties, but that is hack.

I have also toyed with the idea of running an open SC with a screen around the SC opening and a wire tie.
    Last edited by caliburst; 05-06-2010 at 07:02 AM.

Needless to say, open SC with a screen around the opening sounds EVIL. People can hear the supercharger whining from a distance... and its pretty cool when they hear that sound coming from a GPR and say "Wtf is that?"

Where I ride, no one knows anything about conversions except for the local GH'ers so its fun to shock people with it.

+1
    Keep it simple 4" coupler with a 90 degree bend and a filter on top. With an oem seat this worked great. With an aftermarket it would be even better.

+1
    I'm still very happy with my air intake....
    90deg silicone adapter 3-4.
    90deg aluminum elbow.
    45deg silicone elbow that sits over my IC pipes.

Under the pipes is an outlet that comes directly from the side vent up front. So I'm channeling cold fresh air back to the intake, but allowing a 12" approx gap between the two openings. It keeps itself high and dry and cool. My fluke meter shows ambient temps, especially at speed.

Mark- how do you feel about an open SC with a screen around the inlet?
    Landscaping fabric is the same material used in flo-rites. I could use that. It would be more resistent to a splash..
    The only real risk is if the hull takes on a lot of water.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    I'm still very happy with my air intake....
    90deg silicone adapter 3-4.
    90deg aluminum elbow.
    45deg silicone elbow that sits over my IC pipes.

Under the pipes is an outlet that comes directly from the side vent up front. So I'm channeling cold fresh air back to the intake, but allowing a 12" approx gap between the two openings. It keeps itself high and dry and cool. My fluke meter shows ambient temps, especially at speed.

Can you show a pic of where the filter sits?

+1
    I don't have ANYTHING around mine. Never had a problem, as long as the inlet is high enough in the hull. Mine is sitting at the throttle body height.

You really can't go wrong, with all the choices, as long as it's getting cool, dry air to the SC. In Arizona, I can drop 300 rpms by using just an intake in the rear, since our ambient temps can easily get over 110deg during the summer. This system has allowed me to keep a short rear system, but get nice dry air to it.

The other thing to avoid is those bling, bling filters that use cloth. If they have ANY type of material in them other than SST mesh, they will eventually swell with the heat and moisture, and drop off rpms. You get a nice salt mist going through your compartment and I promise you those rpms go down.

All the stock intake has is that upside down bell opening on the intake tube that sits on the fuel tank. There is no filter there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
    Can you show a pic of where the filter sits?
    Yeah, but I'd have to go out to the garage and get it off the shelf and snap a pic. I don't use a "filter."

There is nothing in the hull to really be sucked in. Thats why seadoo doesnt even use a filter from the factory. On our kanaflex setups on our rxps we just ran it all the way up to the front with no filter.
    This is [again] why I was considering running an open sc with a screen. With the three big vents in the back of my solo seat, it should be reasonably cool back there...
    no comment on it?

The other thing I was considering was just running a pipe with a 45 degree bend (give or take) back to that opening with a filter on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    Yeah, but I'd have to go out to the garage and get it off the shelf and snap a pic. I don't use a "filter."

So, you use a couple of elbows to make the turns and then you run a piece of hose up towards the front with another basically? What makes this really all that different from running straight kanaflex up to the same location?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information