Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RE opas block offs

i just received my RE opas block offs it came with the inside block off plates -- the 2 outside "haul extenders" ( for lack of a better description ) 8 bolts and 8 washers (no nuts ) with no directions --is the install that straight forward ? or is there something i need to look out for ?

I'm waiting for mine to arive to....8 bolts are for the main R E's install ..and you use the 4 bolts that you save when removing the plastic covers inside the pump tunnel...Look here for istructions...

>>>>>>>>>http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72210

i just finished removing the opas and getting ready to install the RE's -- and yes it is very straight forward --- and the link that was put up after my questions was a very good link

Quote Originally Posted by homebrew View Post
    i just finished removing the opas and getting ready to install the RE's -- and yes it is very straight forward --- and the link that was put up after my questions was a very good link
    you may have to reem out one or two the bolt holes so it lines up. i had to do it to mine.

+1
    it's a pretty straight forward install, mine were also reemed out a bit so lining them up wasn't so bad. don't forget to rtv it up. i did that to mine and had zero leaks.

+1
    Be sure you dry fit them first fully bolted up. Make sure they are perfect and not hanging down. If there not perfect, rim out bolt holes as needed. Don't be shy on the silicone.
    Use right stuff if you don't plan to remove them. Since You have a couch, I would use ultra black on left one to be able to access Your exhaust latter. I have removed Bo's several times and the right stuff is not very forgiving to hull and to RE.

its all assembled -- i didn't need to ream out any holes -- used "right stuff" to seal it all -- it looks great -- can't wait to try the ski out -- very easy assembly -- only thing i need to do is block off the water lines -- later on i was thinking of "T"ing the 2 ops lines and running them to the exhaust when i get the Riva water box

+1
    its all assembled -- i didn't need to ream out any holes -- used "right stuff" to seal it all -- it looks great -- can't wait to try the ski out -- very easy assembly -- only thing i need to do is block off the water lines -- later on i was thinking of "T"ing the 2 ops lines and running them to the exhaust when i get the Riva water box
    They do look sweet.
    Do you plan to remove the left block off for the exhaust install?
    If so, when you put it back on use ultra black.You will know why when You remove it. It is nice to have that access on the couch for any exhaust mods.

i was hoping i didn't need to remove the left one when i do the exhaust mod --- am i missing something ?

+1
    i was hoping i didn't need to remove the left one when i do the exhaust mod --- am i missing something ?
    It has been accomplished by some installing thru hull through the top on the couch , but to tighten the 2 clamps on coupler that connects the box and tip will be a big time pita.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information