Thread: Acting proper in the South
09-19-2006, 10:40 AM #1
Acting proper in the South
Southern Ass Whuppin
15 WAYS TO AVOID A GOOD SOUTHERN ASS WHUPPIN'
(Issued by the Southern Tourism Bureau to ALL visiting Northerners, Northeasterners, Northwesterners, and Southwestern Urbanites)
1. Don't order filet mignon or pasta primavera at the Waffle House. It's just a diner! They serve breakfast 24 hours a day. Let them cook something they know. If you confuse them, they'll kick your ass.
2. Don't laugh at our Southern names (Merleen, Luther, Billy Bob, Sissy, Clovis, Tammy Lynn, etc.) or we'll just have to kick your ass.
3. Don't order a bottle of pop or a can of soda. Down here it's called Coke! Nobody gives a rat's ass whether it's Pepsi, RC, Dr. Pepper, 7-Up or whatever.....it's still a Coke. Accept it. Doing otherwise can lead to an ass kicking.
4. We know our heritage. Most of us are more literate than you think. We are also better educated and generally a lot nicer. So don't refer to us as a bunch of hillbillies or we'll kick your ass.
5. We have plenty of business sense (i.e. Fred Smith of FedEx, Sam Walton, MCI, Dell Computers, MTV, Netscape). Naturally, we do sometimes have small lapses in judgment (i.e. John Edwards, Al Gore, Bill Clinton, David Duke). We don't care if you think we are dumb. We are not dumb enough to let someone move to our state in order to run for the Senate. If someone tried to do that, we would kick his/her ass.
6. Don't laugh at our Civil War monuments. If Lee had listened to Longstreet and flanked Meade at Gettysburg, instead of sending Pickett up the middle, you'd be paying taxes to Richmond instead of Washington. If you visit Stone Mountain and complain about the carving, we'll kick your ass.
7. We are fully aware of how high the humidity is, so shut the hell up! Just spend your money and get the hell out of here, or we'll kick your ass.
8. Don't order wheat toast at Cracker Barrel. Everyone will instantly know that you are a Yankee. Eat your biscuits with gravy like God intended, and don't put sugar on your grits, or we'll kick your ass.
9. Don't fake a Southern accent. This will incite a riot, and you will get your ass kicked.
10. Don't talk about how much better things are at home because we know better. Many of us have visited Northern hellholes like Detroit, Chicago and DC, and we have the scars to prove it. If you don't like it here, Delta is ready when you are. Move your ass on home before it gets kicked.
11. Yes, we know how to speak proper English. We talk this way because we don't want to sound like you. We don't care if you don't understand what we are saying! All Southerners understand what we are saying, and that's all that matters. Now go away and leave us alone, or we'll kick your ass.
12. Don't complain that the South is dirty and polluted. None of OUR lakes or rivers have caught fire recently. If you whine about our scenic beauty, we'll kick your ass all the way back to Boston Harbor.
13. Don't ridicule our Southern manners. We say sir and ma'am. We hold doors open for others. We offer seats to old folks because such things are expected of civilized people. Behave yourselves around our sweet little gray-haired grandmothers, or they'll kick some manners into your ass just like they did ours.
14. So you think we're quaint, or losers, because most of us live in the countryside? That's because we have enough sense not to live in filthy, smelly, crime infested cesspools like Newark, Baltimore, or Gary. Make fun of our fresh air, and we'll kick your ass.
15. Last, but not least, DO NOT DARE come down here and tell us how to cook barbecue! This will get your ass shot (right after it gets kicked). You're lucky we let you come down here at all. Criticize our barbecue, and you will go home in a pine box.....minus your ass.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By barbaro in forum SoutheastReplies: 8Last Post: 07-29-2010, 09:50 PM
By FasstPhilip in forum Videos & PicturesReplies: 5Last Post: 06-23-2009, 11:11 AM
By RX951 in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-19-2006, 04:36 PM
By tomgtv in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 08-15-2006, 12:42 PM
By ABBOTT in forum Yamaha Open DiscussionReplies: 13Last Post: 03-01-2006, 08:02 PM