Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1

Bad news for the future of seadoo?

A little birdie told me that Riva is not putting much effort into the new i control seadoos due to the difficulty working around the GPS govenor. Word also has it that future seadoo models will all be equipped with this feature. Sounds like seadoo is shooting the aftermarket crowd in the foot if this is true. With all the R&D going into the new yamahas it looks like we here on the seadoo side might be the minority soon. I hope this isn't true but it's an eye opener none the less. What say you?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime View Post
    A little birdie told me that Riva is not putting much effort into the new i control seadoos due to the difficulty working around the GPS govenor. Word also has it that future seadoo models will all be equipped with this feature. Sounds like seadoo is shooting the aftermarket crowd in the foot if this is true. With all the R&D going into the new yamahas it looks like we here on the seadoo side might be the minority soon. I hope this isn't true but it's an eye opener none the less. What say you?
    I say riva is not the only fish in the sea. When there's a will there's a way. If Riva does that they will leave the door wide open for the competition. Although, I thought they already had an ecu in the works for the new doos. I wonder if its as simple as swapping wiring harnesses and TB's?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    I say riva is not the only fish in the sea. When there's a will there's a way. If Riva does that they will leave the door wide open for the competition. Although, I thought they already had an ecu in the works for the new doos. I wonder if its as simple as swapping wiring harnesses and TB's?
    My exact thoughts. We have discussed the same thing.

Doug

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1

+1
    I know Riva isn't the only one out there BUT they have a tendency to lead the way with this stuff because they have an excellent R&D department. When they say it's a bitch then it must be. They're setting up to ride this huge yamaha wave because that makes sense financially. I don't doubt someone will eventually figure it out but it doesn't sound cheap. I'm happy with my 06 for now because i ride more than i wrench but i would like to hope that if i buy another seadoo in the future it won't cost me $1000 or more to go over 70mph.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    I wonder if its as simple as swapping wiring harnesses and TB's?

I know several people who have swapped manifolds, wiring harnesses and ECU and have got around this problem.

+1
    Remember i'm not stirring up crap here. I'm a seadoo fanboy if there ever was one. I'm just more quiet now.

+1
    Total BS. Theres OEM ecu's out there that dont have GPS speed limiters

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rick xp View Post
    I know several people who have swapped manifolds, wiring harnesses and ECU and have got around this problem.
    Manifold is different also?
    Remember i'm not stirring up crap here. I'm a seadoo fanboy if there ever was one. I'm just more quiet now.
    Sure! Actually this should be an interesting thread.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rick xp View Post
    The entire wiring harness, dash, manifold, tb, etc? What year do you use? Thats fine if it works but when a customer asks me how he can make his i control seadoo faster and i tell him that he's gonna throw up on me!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information