Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 91
  1. #1
    Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    3,682
    +1
    1

    Bad news for the future of seadoo?

    A little birdie told me that Riva is not putting much effort into the new i control seadoos due to the difficulty working around the GPS govenor. Word also has it that future seadoo models will all be equipped with this feature. Sounds like seadoo is shooting the aftermarket crowd in the foot if this is true. With all the R&D going into the new yamahas it looks like we here on the seadoo side might be the minority soon. I hope this isn't true but it's an eye opener none the less. What say you?


  2. #2
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime View Post
    A little birdie told me that Riva is not putting much effort into the new i control seadoos due to the difficulty working around the GPS govenor. Word also has it that future seadoo models will all be equipped with this feature. Sounds like seadoo is shooting the aftermarket crowd in the foot if this is true. With all the R&D going into the new yamahas it looks like we here on the seadoo side might be the minority soon. I hope this isn't true but it's an eye opener none the less. What say you?
    I say riva is not the only fish in the sea. When there's a will there's a way. If Riva does that they will leave the door wide open for the competition. Although, I thought they already had an ecu in the works for the new doos. I wonder if its as simple as swapping wiring harnesses and TB's?

  3. #3
    Poppa Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Alice. Texas
    Posts
    1,015
    +1
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    I say riva is not the only fish in the sea. When there's a will there's a way. If Riva does that they will leave the door wide open for the competition. Although, I thought they already had an ecu in the works for the new doos. I wonder if its as simple as swapping wiring harnesses and TB's?
    My exact thoughts. We have discussed the same thing.

    Doug

  4. #4
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673

  5. #5
    Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    3,682
    +1
    1
    I know Riva isn't the only one out there BUT they have a tendency to lead the way with this stuff because they have an excellent R&D department. When they say it's a bitch then it must be. They're setting up to ride this huge yamaha wave because that makes sense financially. I don't doubt someone will eventually figure it out but it doesn't sound cheap. I'm happy with my 06 for now because i ride more than i wrench but i would like to hope that if i buy another seadoo in the future it won't cost me $1000 or more to go over 70mph.

  6. #6
    rick xp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,013
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    I wonder if its as simple as swapping wiring harnesses and TB's?

    I know several people who have swapped manifolds, wiring harnesses and ECU and have got around this problem.

  7. #7
    Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    3,682
    +1
    1
    Remember i'm not stirring up crap here. I'm a seadoo fanboy if there ever was one. I'm just more quiet now.

  8. #8
    GOT BOOST? Dockside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,879
    +1
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime View Post
    A little birdie told me that Riva is not putting much effort into the new i control seadoos due to the difficulty working around the GPS govenor. Word also has it that future seadoo models will all be equipped with this feature. Sounds like seadoo is shooting the aftermarket crowd in the foot if this is true. With all the R&D going into the new yamahas it looks like we here on the seadoo side might be the minority soon. I hope this isn't true but it's an eye opener none the less. What say you?
    Total BS. Theres OEM ecu's out there that dont have GPS speed limiters

  9. #9
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by rick xp View Post
    I know several people who have swapped manifolds, wiring harnesses and ECU and have got around this problem.
    Manifold is different also?
    Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime View Post
    Remember i'm not stirring up crap here. I'm a seadoo fanboy if there ever was one. I'm just more quiet now.
    Sure! Actually this should be an interesting thread.

  10. #10
    Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    3,682
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rick xp View Post
    I know several people who have swapped manifolds, wiring harnesses and ECU and have got around this problem.
    The entire wiring harness, dash, manifold, tb, etc? What year do you use? Thats fine if it works but when a customer asks me how he can make his i control seadoo faster and i tell him that he's gonna throw up on me!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mussel would be bad news for Clear Lake
    By shawn alladio in forum High Performance Watercraft Safety
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 04:13 AM
  2. Bad Bad News for the RXPEE Guys
    By YudLuz2 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 05:36 PM
  3. Cleaner for the inside of the hull
    By seaobin in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 10:50 AM
  4. Proposal for the Future Racing- G.P. Classes
    By mrracing in forum Race Events and News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 08:08 PM
  5. Good Good news for the RXP guys
    By peteshauling in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-13-2006, 12:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •