Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Very Cool Registration Number Font for RXP or RXP-X! Font Face of the 255, 215, 155

Okay all, here is what I came up with. I wanted registration numbers on my X that didn't look like government issued prison cell numbers.

POST #49, PAGE #5 has the finished results on the Sea-Doo.

Sooo...I went in search of the font which matches the 255, 215 or 155 font face which is on the side of the craft. It's a font called "Boom Box", I've attached it to this thread. It can also be found at www.findmyfonts.com (YES! I searched through ALL 483 pages ...I did it at work, so my personal time wasn't affected...lol)

Boom Box is VERY close...I had to skew, stretch and shrink the numbers down a bit in Illustrator, but it was fairly easy (compare to what I had to do for my 2003 MXZ Ski-Doo). I also changed the look of the 1 and 9 to something, which I thought looked much more pleasing to the eye. The 1 in Boom Box is just a l (looks like a small L) ....however on the 155, the 1 has a little hook. Also the 9 in Boom Box has a tiny little tail...it looked very unbalanced to me compared to the other numbers...so I stretched out the tail.

Anyway...see below, you can make your own call. Colour scheme is trying to match the 2008 RXP-X.

Colours I used (not sure they're right, since I don't have the numbers back yet):
    Dark Grey:
    69,64,59,53 - IN USE

Orange:
    5,65,100,0 - IN USE

Oh....I get them printed at a 3M Trim-Line in Kingston, Cinzia is my contact, she's the best. The decals, when printed are on a semi-gloss (just like your Sea-Doo decals) and are thin as paper. I got my sled numbers printed on a Silver Metallic which looked amazing (think of silver metalic car...or very similar to that of the RXP-X gelcoat). I'm thinking of doing a Charcoal Metalic for the RXP-X numbers...

R
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ON2189198-May04-SMALL.jpg 
Views:	488 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	186565  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RobWCanada; 05-23-2010 at 06:38 PM.

Looks sharp, very good find!!

+1
    Nice.

Banned User
    +1
    438 pages of font you went through?! now thats dedication! looks good

+1
    Need to see them installed!!!

Oh...the pics will come! 483, not 438. lol

I just phoned Trim-Line...they are backlogged, so I'm gonna have to wait until next weekend to install these suckers!

be careful... federal regs say 3 inch BLOCK lettering... we dont care to much sat my unit,as long as we can read it easily, but i know there are jackass boarding officers in the CG... i am def going to look into getting some of this style thought! looks awesome!!

one question though, would she be able to print a set for my ski and ship to USA?

Guys check out this thread.. about 8 posts down STSperformance posted some pics of his numbers. IMO you cant get any better then those. they look killer. http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89524

Mine are tri-colour, metallic silver outlined in orange and the dark grey , they look good but not as good as those ^^^.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronQuade View Post
    one question though, would she be able to print a set for my ski and ship to USA?

I would imagine so, I don't see why not. Shipping isn't bad either. She charges what it costs.

I can't remember the cost, I think it was $45 for the set, incl shipping.

As for the federal regs, blah. Sea-Doo's up here from a Sea-Doo Dealership have reg numbers that are smaller than those. My brothers is 2" x 16" ...the ones I just made are about 2 3/8" x 23" ...so I hope they're fine...it's just rediculous that a 40' Fountain has the same size reg numbers as a bloody PWC!!!

R

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information