First Seadoo. Have A few questions.

Hi guys kind of a stupied question, but I don't have a manual yet so here it is. I just bought a 2005 Rxt 215 and was wondering after a day of use and your pulling it back up the boat launch I was wondering of the procedures in draining the water? I see the drain valves on either side but is that it. Do you run it for a bit? It will only be run in freshwater. Thanks for reading guys,I promise no more bad questions in the future. If you read this Jerry thanks for the fast washer mod. on my SC hopefully it will be here next week.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dalino8 View Post
    Hi guys kind of a stupied question, but I don't have a manual yet so here it is. I just bought a 2005 Rxt 215 and was wondering after a day of use and your pulling it back up the boat launch I was wondering of the procedures in draining the water? I see the drain valves on either side but is that it. Do you run it for a bit? It will only be run in freshwater. Thanks for reading guys,I promise no more bad questions in the future. If you read this Jerry thanks for the fast washer mod. on my SC hopefully it will be here next week.
    Depends if its foul water or not, I always flush mine after use regardless of riding in salt or fresh water. I know alot of people dont flush but the fresh water here in florida is pretty nasty and i always flush and wash out the engine compartment with the hose.

As far as the drain plugs its rare if I see any water come out after use, unless I was in big surf. But I always unscrew them once on the trailer anyway. Once I get home I rinse the engine bay out, tilt the trailer up and drain...repeat once or twice.

Also I usually start the ski once on the trailer for a few seconds rev it a little a few times to blow the water out.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    You can download the Owners manual (Operators Guide) directly from BRP

http://www.sea-doo.com/en-US/owner-c...rs-guides.html

Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it.

I've always opened my drain plugs and revved it up a few times after pulling it out of the water. BRP tells you to do that, although I would imagine it's mostly for saltwater use. It can't hurt though, so I've always done it.

Thread Information