Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Talking Supercourse Nationals was Awesome

It was just awesome down there and it was alot of fun. It's really different to how we do supercourse in region 8. Alot of ours because of lack of buoys just use most of the closed course and put a few buoys way out. The course Marty and his crew setup was great. Only turn that was hard was the yellow sweeper(cant remember what they were calling it) that was towards the center of the course but close to the shore.

Saturday I did very well, got 1st in Novice R/A 1200 Stock and placed 3rd overall. I wanna say there were about 20 racers on the line for race four and the classes were Novice R/A Stock, Novice R/A N/A Stock, Amatuer Master Open, and Novice Women Open. I held the 2nd spot overall for a while till i got passed in a turn by a yellow noble racing rxp lol.

Sunday I had a good start and was in 4th overall and 2nd in my class till the 2nd lap on that yellow inside sweeper I hit some cross chop and got thrown right off the side and my left grip came off with me. After struggling to get my goggles back on and the grip on I was hauling. I wanna say I dropped from 4th to about 15th or so after falling, but it felt like I passed alot more. 30mins + 1 lap later I was in 9th overall 3rd in my class and on the ass of the guy who was 2nd in my class. Only needed that 2nd extra lap(only did 1 extra cuz of thunder storm coming in) and I probably would of gotten that 2nd thus winning nationals but hey there is always next year

Got to meet a few of the forum members, Franko, Jetskidady, and Compwhiz. I think they saw the 4-tec t-shirt lol. Overall it was a awesome time and my hat is off to region 5 for puttin on such a great race and I cant wait to go back next year and race again

Here are two pictures my mom took at the awards party.
    Attachment 8408
    Me and Joe Johnson (Novice R/A 1200 Stock)
    Attachment 8409
    Region 8 Racers L to R: JR, Andrew, Rudy, Richard, Jim, Scott(Me), and Joe

+1
    Great job Scott. I wish I could have spent more time chatting with you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko
    Great job Scott. I wish I could have spent more time chatting with you.
    Thanks. It would of been cool to chat with you some more as well. Did you see that SC 15F #800? OMG that ski was flying till it seized the pump.

+1
    Yeah, the 800 boat was Mike Younts. He is a great rider and had the fastest boat there. He was killing everyone until he spun out and then broke his pump.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko
    Yeah, the 800 boat was Mike Younts. He is a great rider and had the fastest boat there. He was killing everyone until he spun out and then broke his pump.
    Matt Lagerski's 360 in the air was really cool too. I couldn't believe he didnt go off of it. I know if it were me doing that I'd be skipping across the water.

Younts is a freak on the 15f when it doesn't break down
    There was some awesome Yard Sales this weekend

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BRobertson
    Younts is a freak on the 15f when it doesn't break down
    There was some awesome Yard Sales this weekend
    He is a damn good rider. I would love to have a SC Kawi if they didnt break and did cost 20+k for one lol.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kenshin89
    Thanks. It would of been cool to chat with you some more as well. Did you see that SC 15F #800? OMG that ski was flying till it seized the pump.
    Yup, thats my boy, I pit for those guys - G-Force Racing. Mike can ride anything, you should have seen him back in the the XPL days when they used to race in the surf - OMG ! Mike is a great guy, he is also a preacher and holds a sermon at every sunday race. I am amazed at how this sport is surrounded great people all around.
    Here is my favorite pic of Mike on sundays race :
    http://www.greenhulk.net/gallery/dat...m/IMG_1425.JPG

Scott, It was good meeting you, congrats on your finish, looks like you VA boys came here and cleaned up ! Glad you guys got to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin89
    He is a damn good rider. I would love to have a SC Kawi if they didnt break and did cost 20+k for one lol.
    Watch what you wish for,,, those 15FSC's will most likely be going up for sale after Havasu, if your interested let me know and I can get you intouch with Ray Gilliam, aka Mr G-Force
    Last edited by JetSkiDaddy; 09-19-2006 at 09:48 PM.

Nationals was definitely an awesome experience. It was great competition, great turnout , and the weather was good. My ski ran great all weekend... and luckily i didnt run into any other problems..

All the pics look awesome. My dad got some cool shots too that I will try to add to the Supercourse folder as soon as i get a chance. Thanks for posting those pics above Scott, They look good.

I cant wait for next season... a lot of fun !

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPBeast
    Nationals was definitely an awesome experience. It was great competition, great turnout , and the weather was good. My ski ran great all weekend... and luckily i didnt run into any other problems..

All the pics look awesome. My dad got some cool shots too that I will try to add to the Supercourse folder as soon as i get a chance. Thanks for posting those pics above Scott, They look good.

I cant wait for next season... a lot of fun !
    No prob man. Glad to hear your boat was running great. Mine was running pretty good considering I broke my 14/17 on friday If I remember correctly I think I saw one of the blades that had small chunk taken out of the back side and I guess a rock must of hit it and it finally broke. Tore my wear ring to crap and when I went to change it come to find out the one i had(that my sponsor gav me) was a gxt. luckily Jim one of the racer from Region 8 had a spare. Really wanted to race with the 14/17 in my boat, but the 14/19 did the job perfectly on Saturday Too bad I couldn't hang on Sunday
    Attachment 8459
    Attachment 8460
    Attachment 8461
    Attachment 8462

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information