Anyone in North Carolina?

Anyone live in North Carolina and ride near the beach?

+1
    Not at the beach. But I live in Raleigh, NC and have a place at Lake Gaston. Where are you located?

I live in Goldsboro, about a 45minute to 1 hour drive from Raleigh. I have been to Karr Lake, but not Gaston. I normally ride at the beach between Moorhead City and Swansboro. I have my pick of two inlets, Moorhead Inlet and Bogue Inlet. I was riding this weekend and they have just finished a big project at Bogue Inlet. They made a big ass Sand Jetti to hold sand in and prevent erosion, the good thing is that now the inlet goes straight out so you are lined up perfect for jumping !

North Carolina

Unfortunately you can't pull skis on the beach anymore at Oregon Inlet because of the National Parks PWC ban. For a while you could drive a short distance up route12 North to Corolla and drive on the beach and launch your skis. The local county commissioners banned PWC's down there too a few years ago. You can however, drive to Wanchese which is a short 10 mile drive from the Outer Banks and put out there and it's a quick 3 mile ride or so to the Inlet and the Atlantic. Right now that's bout your only option until Cape Hatteras National Seashore lifts the PWC ban it has in place. Hopefully with a lot of the National parks now lifting their bans as a result of their environmental studies, Cape Hatteras will be lifting theirs in time for summer 2006. Oregon Inlet use to be the bomb for PWC'ers. I hope one day I get to pull my skis back on the beach down there.

PWC bans suck!!!

lake norman yo

Thread Information