Bought a rossier pipe and MSD water injection

USED for my 97 XP 800. Does anyone know where any install instructions are listed for the pipe online? Any do's and don'ts to be aware of?

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    This is the rossier lovers forum you should be in good hands lol..

Added rossier pipe and it bangs the rev limiter at a dead stop but goes no faster on top. Reprop time already or different nozzel? It just got a new wear ring and a Solas concord prop about 3 weeks ago.

Could it not be going faster because it's touching a soft rev limiter? Do 97 xp have a soft rev limiter??

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    7150 is the stock limiter, i had a rossier and it never banged the rev limiter from a dead stop, that sounds more like a worn wearing or the trailing edge of the prop is damaged. Rossier's are not that fast of a pipe unless you spends $$$$$ to keep up with a spec 2. A stock boat with a rossier will not be that much faster than a stocker, alot of professionals call them stock pipes painted black lol. A spec 2 will run 61mph with just aftermarkert air filters.

Well, went out today with a 174.5 jet in the stinger and a 11x in the pipe by the head and it was a big improvement. The water was choppy all day today and it still GPSed a good bit higher than it ever has. On the stock speedo it went from just at 55 to about 57 but its still hitting the rev limiter from a stand still. The prop is brand new, only about 3 weeks old and I inspected it today when I took the intake grate off. It still feels as smooth as sharp as when I installed it. Same goes for the wear ring. I think it flat out just does not have enough pitch.

What did you jet the carbs at for the pipe?

Oh btw get a jetworks valve for the stinger. Helps with holeshot.

I still have the stock flame arrestors, Carb jetting is still stock however after jetting up the stinger the plugs started showing a little light on the power ring. Ended up 1/4 open on the front and 3/8 on the rear. This got the plugs back to a nice smoke ring and still GPSed close to what it did on the lean side. We went as far as 1/2 and 3/4 out from closed but power ring on the plug was way to heavy and it slowed a MPH.

I really think the stinger can still use more jet. I also think that it needs to be re-propped bad. Hole shot isn't a problem right now, I can't get into it more than 3/4 throttle less than 5 mph or it cavitates. It has a brand new solas concord prop and wear ring (3 weeks old).

+1
    Check your carbon ring. Air might be getting into the tunnel

Whats a good way to check the carbon ring? Thanks!

Thread Information