Help with jetting...

Hi everyone this is my first post. I have a 2000 GTX 951. The ski was running great till the end off last summer it was bogging down alot...so i took off the carbs and rebuilt them but when i took off the accel pump the little orange check valve was completely off so it would not pump any fuel into the carbs. Now i want to eliminate the pump and just rejet. I am also running the ski with prok flame arrestors. Can someone please tell me what is the best size jets to make the switch and if there is anything else i should do.

Thanks for any input!!!
    Eric

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    90 pilots. I'm not sure on the mains as I've never deleted the accelerator pump, not kept the stock airbox when doing this. Hopefully others will chime in if the mains need to be leaner.

+1
    If no pumps are used, 95 low speeds with the mixture screws set at 1.5-1.75 turns out , highs use 165 or (167.5 if it is a heavy boat) with highs speed screws set at both closed. Use stock needle and seat's and make sure you blank off the accelerator pump feed line at the rear carb.

+1
    I rejetted my xpl last week and man i can feel the differance, out of the hole it is a whole lot better and overall performance is outstanding. The throttle response is great

Im going to be posting up a video of my new TDR water box but my internet has been slowed down so i will post up next week.

I have 95 lows and 165 mains with my mods

Thanks guys this really helped me out.. i actually called Tim for Novi today he said to just go up .5 in the pilot jet and leave the main jet as is. That will bring me to what you guys said Pilot jet at 95 and main jet at 167.5. Might sound dumb here but how do i block off the pump in the rear of the carb?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbgplayer88 View Post
    Thanks guys this really helped me out.. i actually called Tim for Novi today he said to just go up .5 in the pilot jet and leave the main jet as is. That will bring me to what you guys said Pilot jet at 95 and main jet at 167.5. Might sound dumb here but how do i block off the pump in the rear of the carb?
    We actually remove the whole pump assembly and mounting platform (cut off) but not required just disconnect and blank off as per the picture to the rear carb.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTO1123.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	287.6 KB 
ID:	186904  

Thread Information