Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Starter / Solenoid issue?

I'm having some sort of issue with the ['06RXP-Fresh Water] Starter or perhaps the Solenoid-not sure. When the Start/Stop Button is pressed I can hear the Starter Solenoid 'click' but the Starter Motor doesn't begin to turn over the engine. Another immediate depression of the Start/Stop Button and it starts right up like it should.
    This is very consistent--first press [click], second press [start]

New AGM Battery, all Ground wires checked/tight.

Any ideas ?

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    David... this is definitely the symptoms of a failing solenoid. You should probably replace it before it becomes less consistent.

Just did one yesterday... probably around the 15th one in five years... one ski had it go bad twice in this time frame.

+1
    +1

Just switched out my solenoid about a month ago...it was progressively getting worse up to the point of 3, 4, 5, pushes of the start button before it would crank over. With the new solenoid it starts every time with one push.

So you guys had the exact same symptoms ?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

+27

I keep a good stock of solenoids around here...last season I actually did 5 in one afternoon...older seadoo solenoids seem to be most common..polaris next. cheap enough to buy for a try, but I'd lay a six pack on it for sure.

doubly sure if your ski has been upside down at any time..you can easily test with a meter if you want.

Never been flipped Pete.
    Do you consider an '06 RXP "old" ? I know that the two-stroke Solenoids had a problem corroding when they got wet since the bottom plate only had rivets "sealing" it and you can see the edges rusting if you look closely.

This one shows no signs of corrosion. Pls. post your Ohm meter test specs.--I'll give that a try to verify but I will get another Solenoid on order ASAP.

+1

solenoid tes

not a resistance measure..a voltage measure..just jack the voltmeter to the starter side of the solenoid..if you try to engage the starter you should see nothing if the solenoid is bad..or perhaps 1-2v..then nothing..once the load is on the line, the contact fails. Since this bit is relatively cheap ( and in a pinch you can use an old ford V8 solenoid in it's place, like when you get stuck up here in the middle of nowhere on a sunday, just replace it. It's pretty obvious yours is on the fritz. It's not liek were talking about throwing away $200 on some hoyty-toytoi crank position sensor or something eh?.

you can also press and hold the starter button and rap the solenoid with the butt end of a screwdriver..if there is some mechanical interference in there sometimes that will clear it and allow a day of riding without having to nail the button five or ten times to get it to crank.

I seem to be having the same issues with my 07 GTI SE 155. I looked up the parts break down for the solenoid but couldn't find it... can you guys point me to where it is what part# ... Thanks

It's funny that after riding it for a while it will start right up.

+1

seadoo parts fiche

is like a maze sometimes...

Rivamotorsports.com's 2007 Sea Doo PWC GTI SE Parts Image ELECTRICAL - GUAGES/CONSOLE WIRE ASSY

#16 is the starter relay..ouch $40 bucks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information