Which Ultra 150 intake grate?

Which intake grate should I use? I when I bought my ski, it came with a R&D aquavein and a Solas intake grate. I am not really sure which one is better, and not really interested in swapping them out if it is not worth it. Right now the aquavein is on the ski. Is it worth taking it off and trying the solas?

What riding characteristics do you know about each one? I would rather have a ski that hooks up better and does not cavitate on choppy water than have high speed.

The solas is the more aggressive of the 2 so it would keep you hooked better but it is going to cost you peak speed. The r&d does a good job in the chop, that is the one I run most of the time. It costs me a little on top but its worth it.

From the little riding on the R&D I have done, I don't have any complaints, so I think I will just stick with it. I dont want to go with anything to aggressive and make the ski tempermental.

I have the R&D on all three of my Ultra's. I have zero complaints. I am about to switch one of them to the modded stock for comparisons sake and see what GPS i can get.

Im thinking of buying the ride plate, the guy selling it says its called x-tender ride plate, it has r & d engraved in it.

Is it worth getting and getting this does that mean I have to upgrade the intake?

Dont waste your money get the shredmaster plate. Changing plates doesnt require changing grates. The choice of grate is more dictated by whether you need speed or hookup.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgc View Post
    Im thinking of buying the ride plate, the guy selling it says its called x-tender ride plate, it has r & d engraved in it.

Is it worth getting and getting this does that mean I have to upgrade the intake?

If you want to change grates, I will sell the Solas grate if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by btldigger View Post
    Dont waste your money get the shredmaster plate. Changing plates doesnt require changing grates. The choice of grate is more dictated by whether you need speed or hookup.
    Not even if he is selling it for $50 brand new.

Thread Information