Thread: Looking to Ride

Looking to Ride

Anyone here from around the Charlotte area ride Lake Norman or Lake Wylie? I ride each often. Going to be on Norman this Saturday if anyone wants to get out and rip it up.

Quote Originally Posted by DieselTroy View Post
    Anyone here from around the Charlotte area ride Lake Norman or Lake Wylie? I ride each often. Going to be on Norman this Saturday if anyone wants to get out and rip it up.
    I live on lkn, I hope to have my new rxp within the week. I will keep you updated

Thumbs up on the new RXP. I've got a stock 08 RXT 215 with less than 20 hours. Nothing fancy or breaking any records for top speed like some of the guys on these boards. Some serious crafts around here. Still hauls enough a$$ that I don't look forward hitting the water at WOT accross a choppy lake. But its fun. I plan on making some performance improvements however when the warranty runs out. There are a few on LKN that can get up and really go. Keep me posted.

hey i ride gaston up by va maybe i can come down for a weekend and come ride with you guys sometime over summer. i have a modded 07 rxp should run mid upper 70's

Quote Originally Posted by lakegastonrxp View Post
    hey i ride gaston up by va maybe i can come down for a weekend and come ride with you guys sometime over summer. i have a modded 07 rxp should run mid upper 70's

Certianly, I wouldn't mind it one weekend. You've got a little bit of a haul from Lake Gaston on the otherside of Kerr. There is Gaston County bordering Meck Co. here in Charlotte. Would make that a 30 min drive! ha. Well, I've been up to Kerr Lake a few times when I was a child. About a 4 hour drive depending on where on Lake Norman you put in at. We could get a few together to make it worth your while for the drive and at least hit up one of the places on the lake like Vinnie's or Rusty Rudder for a few drinks and some food during the day. Cruise out to the sand bar and check out all of the good views. I know there is a small crew of stand up guys (never met) from another forum I found that ride near Sherrill's Ford on LKN. That's a little bit of a cruise from the Huntersville region of the lake that I normally would be around.

Quote Originally Posted by DieselTroy View Post
    Certianly, I wouldn't mind it one weekend. You've got a little bit of a haul from Lake Gaston on the otherside of Kerr. There is Gaston County bordering Meck Co. here in Charlotte. Would make that a 30 min drive! ha. Well, I've been up to Kerr Lake a few times when I was a child. About a 4 hour drive depending on where on Lake Norman you put in at. We could get a few together to make it worth your while for the drive and at least hit up one of the places on the lake like Vinnie's or Rusty Rudder for a few drinks and some food during the day. Cruise out to the sand bar and check out all of the good views. I know there is a small crew of stand up guys (never met) from another forum I found that ride near Sherrill's Ford on LKN. That's a little bit of a cruise from the Huntersville region of the lake that I normally would be around.
    I'm right in sherrills ford and always at Vinnies grabbing a few drinks

i love riding LKN when im home! its the warmest lake ive even been on. i usually ride around HWY 150 when im on it. im not to sure where everything is on the lake yet.. its huge!

Quote Originally Posted by AaronQuade View Post
    i love riding LKN when im home! its the warmest lake ive even been on. i usually ride around HWY 150 when im on it. im not to sure where everything is on the lake yet.. its huge!

That s right around Sharrills Ford. You have exit 36 restaurant now called White Owl tavern and Dockside Deli next to it ,but its called something different now.

Yeah, pretty easy for get turned around and lost for a few min on lake Norman. Would be nice if I had a GPS to navigate.

yea my parents are in the Coast Guard Aux right over there... they should be learning that part of the lake pretty good.

Thread Information