Using Stock Oil Tank Oil Storage???

I have read several posts where guys don't want to go pre-mix because of the hassel of refueling and not having the storage space for oil on board.

Since I just went premix on my GP I was thinking of just adding a "petcock" (not a big chicken!!) to the bottom oil line and using it to fill my ratio bottle. Ideas or thoughts??

+1
    That would work...and I do believe a few folks have done this on other sites =0)

+1
    Could anyone explain what you all are referring to please ?

+1
    Using the stock OEM oil tank and place a valve on the bottom to get a supply of oil to allow "pre-mixing" via a measureable container.

M

+1
    Gotcha - well I took the oil tank out to save space and weight as Im putting the engine in Tuesday...
    I think since you all mention what seems to be a great idea, I would like to do this, anyone care to tell me how please?

Since I've finally figured out ( with help here ) how much oil for the GP / premixed @ 50:1

My other question about that part is what is the best way to mix, before refueling, pump the gas in the ski and pour in the oil in there too or what ?

THANKS!

CDW- I have not done it but just had the idea. I think you can find some type of small petcock (valve) that will fit the hose that comes out of the bottom of the oil tank... just trim the hose to the best length for your ratio cup. I know my GP has enough room to hold the ratio cup there to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by CDW78 View Post
    Gotcha - well I took the oil tank out to save space and weight as Im putting the engine in Tuesday...
    I think since you all mention what seems to be a great idea, I would like to do this, anyone care to tell me how please?

Since I've finally figured out ( with help here ) how much oil for the GP / premixed @ 50:1

My other question about that part is what is the best way to mix, before refueling, pump the gas in the ski and pour in the oil in there too or what ?

THANKS!
    It's best to pre-mix in another container, and then add to your ski. I have had issues with my boat in the past where the oil just goes to the bottom of the fuel tank and doesn't really mix well. Got a big gulp of oil into the fuel line, smoked like a bitch, then died. Had to drain all the filters, and shake the crap outta the hull

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    I always fill the ski, and then add the oil. It bounces around enough on the trailer to mix the oil/gas. Never an issue.

Thread Information