Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

where to buy handlebars?

I have a 96 xp and was wondering where to get the dirt bike style handle bar setup that everyone has.I'm a newb and I have tried searching but haven't found a solid answer or maybe somebody has a setup for sale? thanks!

It depends on how much you want to spend...

If you just want dirtbike handle bars then any 7/8" ATV/Motocross handlebar will work, you can find those all over the internet and at the Greenhulk part store listed above. I put a set of Fly aluminum handlebars on mine. They bolt right into the stock mount. You will need to get rid of the OEM crash pad and modify the buzzer mount to make them fit though.

If you want to change the steering angle and stiffen up the steering, most people are running UMI steering setups.

Here is a pic from when I was installing the UMI setup on mine. When I get a chance, I will post the finished pics, as I got all the wiring done last week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seadoo%202010%20007.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	493.1 KB 
ID:	186914  

well i would like to be able to adjust the tilt so im guessing that the UMI setup is the only one that will let me do that? If so where is the best place to buy them?

Quote Originally Posted by orangehonda View Post
    well i would like to be able to adjust the tilt so im guessing that the UMI setup is the only one that will let me do that? If so where is the best place to buy them?
    Well there's still a couple options, the tilt isn't adjustable with the UMI either, its in a fixed position. And that's a pretty drastic step if you just want the bars at a different angle. The UMI systems retail for like 400 bucks. Have you tried taking the crash pad off and adjusting the stock handlebars?

i did not know that the stock ones were adjustable, but i still like the sound of the umi system seems that everyone like those

I just added the UMI system and Renthal bars, it was well worth it!

where did you get them and how much? I tryed ebay and didn't come up with much just one for a 97 and up

There are a few places online that are "selling" the UMI setup, the only problem is EVERY place that i have called to order they have told me they are discontinued.. I have a 93 xp so maybe its different? But from what i have seen 93-96 will use the same setup..again..i may be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Milano325i View Post
    There are a few places online that are "selling" the UMI setup, the only problem is EVERY place that i have called to order they have told me they are discontinued.. I have a 93 xp so maybe its different? But from what i have seen 93-96 will use the same setup..again..i may be wrong
    your best bet it to find them used. They still have parts available for them if there is anything missing. I picked mine up used for 75 bucks and need 100 in parts to replace the stuff that was missing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarrette View Post
    your best bet it to find them used. They still have parts available for them if there is anything missing. I picked mine up used for 75 bucks and need 100 in parts to replace the stuff that was missing.
    Is there any place that sell the umi handle bar?
    i have everything minus the handle bar!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information