new I control skis

Hey guys. I have a friend of mine that has purchased two skis. One is a 2009 rxt is and the other is a 2010 gtx is. He is having a problem with the keys on both skis. He says it takes quite a bit of effort in order to get the keys to seat properly and activate the skis. He says his 06 and 07 never gave him these problems. Just wondering if this is something anyone else has seen with the new I control skis. thanks!!

A few people have mentioned this. You have to put the key in at a certain angle to avoid this. I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks! I went ride a few minutes ago and I realized that if you press the start stop button and let the gauges light up and then install the key it starts up everytime.

+1

new I control skis - Key problems

I still have the key problem every time I go out. I've always waited for the gauges to cycle but it usuall takes me 3 or 4 time to get the key to work even when I try to put it on exactly straight. My dealer is trying to find out from SeaDoo what the problem is.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

can't they leave well enough alone....

crikey..I'd be more then ticked if my new 14k+ ski was termpermental about starting. You would figure they would have gone really high tech with an rfid equipped vest that would only allow the ski to start IF you were sitting on it AND wearing your PFD ( I can her the lawyers laughing hard from here)

Quote Originally Posted by loopierxp View Post
    Thanks! I went ride a few minutes ago and I realized that if you press the start stop button and let the gauges light up and then install the key it starts up everytime.
    Thats is stated in the owners manual! I tripped me up the first time out! A little different..

+1
    My dealer (Coleman Power Sports) said there was service bulletin from SeaDoo saying some of the keys were bad. They made me two new keys that have to older style round lanyard and they work every time. My keys with the oval lanyard that came with the ski sometimes take 4 or 5 tries to work even when I try to hold them straight when putting them on the post.

Thread Information