Reconnected Rave oil line after rupturing engine still smokey and rave leaking

i have 97 xp 787 race modified Premix. Found out my oil line busted one day and oil leaking from the front rave. I changed the gasket on the rave and inspected the bellow make sure there no tears.

I redid the oil line with t barb fitting and cap and filled premix oil and left around4 inch pocket. the oil moved clockwise when i ran the engine i took it out to the lake. the engine started fine for first minute and then it started to sound like a WEED WACKER and would not run at full rpms. sounded like the rave slider where hitting the walls. and the engine got smokey and the front rave started to leak oil even after i change the gasket. is my crank messed up?

Why dont you do what I suggested in my reply to your IM ?

That will take care of your problem.

what is causing all the smoke?

Exhaust bypass can be from the leaking RAVE Valves as well. The RAVE Valves are directly in the Exhaust flow path---that's how they work....

Exhaust leaks can come from other places too, but I can't see it running so you'll just have to check your Exhaust System out yourself. Check the Coupler Hose to the Water Box for any cracks as well as the Exhaust Manifold Gaskets. Spray them with soapy water and look for bubbles and/or exhaust fumes/smoke.

RAVE VALVES: Remove, Clean and Rebuild the damn things with new O-rings first. If that dosn't work you'll need to replace the worn RAVE Valve Slides and Bodys as a set. Didn't I already go over this on the other thread you asked the same thing ?

Exhaust bypass from the leaking RAVE Valves. The RAVE Valves are directly in the Exhaust flow path---that's how they work....

Exhaust leaks can come from other places too, but I can't see it running so you'll just have to to check your Exhaust System out yourself. Check the Coupler Hose to the Water Box for any cracks as well as the Exhaust Manifold Gaskets. Spray them with soapy water and look for bubbles and/or exhaust fumes/smoke.

RAVE VALVES: Remove, Clean and Rebuild the damn things with new O-rings first. If that dosn't work you'll need to replace the worn RAVE Valve Slides and Bodys as a set. Just replacing the RAVE Valve Body Gasket is *not* going to fix the leak. It's internal..... Didn't I already go over this on the other thread you asked the same thing ?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Hes got a FPP spec II on there...I think that he may have squeeked a piston

I did compression test 150 on both

Thread Information