Super BN Carb Questions

Here are pictures of a 46mm Super BN carb that came with the engine I bought on Monday. From what I understand the engine and probably this carb was a creation from B&P Jet Ski Service. The engine only came with one of these carbs. As you can see in the pictures the top of the carb has been machined off and a clamp on style FA adaptor has been installed. This adaptor extends into the carb past the small venturi and is polished to a mirror finish. A vent line has also been machined into side of the carb. Upon disassembly I found that a opening for a pilot jet has been machined into the carb (see photo with pencil). My SBN manual says these carbs come with 120 ls jets 150 hs jets. This carb has 115 ls, 115 hs, and a 50 pilot jet.

Does anyone have two of these B&P carbs that they would like to sell? I tried to find B&P Jet Ski Service on the internet, but had no luck. Apparently they are no longer in business? So if anyone has a couple of these or has a friend that has a couple of these or even a friend of a friend that has a couple of these for sale, I would appreciate a pm. I realize 46 SBN's are available new, but I would like to have a match set of what I have.

Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	009 - Copy.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	580.9 KB 
ID:	187058   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	010 - Copy.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	582.5 KB 
ID:	187059   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	011 - Copy.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	564.4 KB 
ID:	187060  

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    What are you planning on installing them on?

46mm is a huge carb.

I think a 1350 REQUIRES a 46mm. Anything smaller would work well with a smaller set of carbs.

The PRO 785 uses 44's, and turns 8000 RPM. And the Matrix 1200 came with Keihin 40-42mm stock.

I think you're wasting gas, and asking for a problem with these on any Fuji engine.

That carb came on the engine I bought that is in the Monday Road Trip thread. You replied to that thread Xlint, 190 lb compression, triple pipes. I don't think I would be wasting gas since any engine needs to be properly jetted, no matter what size carburator is on it. You should talk to Don(XCR1250) on Hard Core Sledder, he could tell you alot about running oversized carburators on engines. When I talked to him, he explained in great detail that oversized carbs do work. Probably why it was on the engine in the first place. Besides, the application is irrellevent, I'm merely looking for two more that are the same.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    What are you planning on installing them on?

46mm is a huge carb.

I think a 1350 REQUIRES a 46mm. Anything smaller would work well with a smaller set of carbs.

The PRO 785 uses 44's, and turns 8000 RPM. And the Matrix 1200 came with Keihin 40mm stock.

I think you're wasting gas, and asking for a problem with these on any Fuji engine.
    Go with a set of 785 stock 44's
    Kev the only reason the Matrix used the 40's is for fuel economy a stock 1200 will run much better with 44's
    My Matrix has 48's on it and all my 785's have 46's on them and they LOVE them

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    I know what it came off of. And I know I posted on it.

Was just trying to help out, but now I'm sorry I commented on your threads.

Was just trying to help out, but now I'm sorry I commented on your threads.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sorry that you commented on my threads. All opinions are welcomed, even the funny little green smiley face. I don't know what I did to piss you off, but apparently it doesn't take much. I know that if I were to put 46's on a stock engine that those carbs would be overkill. But since this engine is ported, with triple pipes, and high compression that it will run just fine.

Thanks Lugs, I was thinking the same thing, if I can't find a couple more of these carbs I would look for a set of 44's, maybe even a set of stock 46's. I ordered a length of 3 1/2" aluminum round stock and might even try turning some pieces out on my lathe to fit a couple of 46's just like the one I have. I was just hoping to be lucky enough to find someone on GH that has two more that they would like to sell, or at least steer me in the right direction. I know there are some very knowledgable people with some very interesting skis on GH.

+1
    Just my 2 cents.
    I watch e-bay a bunch, usually the 46's sell for 1-200 per carb.
    Used factory 44's are usually cheaper and a good place to start tuning,might be a cheaper way to figure out what you really need/what the engine will handle. And give you time to find the right carb's

P.S> I also beleive in larger carbs and do need to try something atleast once,but have seen that too many CFM's per displacement doesn't work

Thread Information