Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

92 sl650 engine pull

Going to pull motor to work on it easier. Theres a grease coupler on the shaft thats sealed with hose clamps around a rubber hose. Does the shaft come out of that fitting when I loosen the clamp?

You need to pull the drive shaft! to pull the motor! but that fitting can stay!
    that fitting can be removed with or without the hose if you like just depends on where you loosen it!Z

upon rereading sounds like you need to know that you pull the pump to pull the drive shaft!

do yourself a favor! when you pull that pump! set it aside and accidental run it over with you vehicle! then grab a 94 plus regular or better yet extended pump from ebay! it is a great improvement! Z

92 sl650 engine pull

The part I was talking about is not the coupler on the PTO end. It's actually a bearing about 3" to the rear. Now that I look at it I don't have to loosen the clamp, because the shaft turns inside the bearing which is not attached to anything. I just pull the shaft out of the coupler and through the bearing. Right? thanks, Jerry

Is that any from a 94? there are 3. Thanks, Jerry

Basically any pump from 94 on up! it has the larger impeller and modular pump assembly! easier to work on and parts are more readily available! plus you can add trim and reverse if you like!Z

Quote Originally Posted by gerhand44
    The part I was talking about is not the coupler on the PTO end. It's actually a bearing about 3" to the rear. Now that I look at it I don't have to loosen the clamp, because the shaft turns inside the bearing which is not attached to anything. I just pull the shaft out of the coupler and through the bearing. Right? thanks, Jerry

Correct! just be easy so you don't snag a seal lip!

I have a pump in sight for a sl slx slt, 700 750 780. Will this pump bolt right into my sl650 using my driveshaft. Thanks, Jerry

+1
    Don't forget the longer steering cable and trim rod, all parts off the newer crafts.

The 1 I'm looking at also has the reverse. Now for the reverse and trim cable, am I going to have to drill through hull to install?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information