Pump Shoe...does it fit?

I can get a really good deal on a Ocean Pro Pump Shoe and I would like to know if it does fit on my 96 SP!?

That's the part i am referring to:

Thanks

+1
    You do not have a pump shoe. There is nothing under there but hull and ride plate.

Check it:

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....e=13&A=33&B=16

How is that possible? How does someone install a different ride plate then? Even the diagram for the XP as the pump shoe and ride plate in one piece?
    http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....e=13&A=35&B=18

Would that be a mistake in the drawing cuz im kinda sure that XP are able to change the rideplate without changing the shoe!?

+1
    Not on the little XP, SPX (the X-4s-and the SP, SPI-which had the same hull, more or less, all the way up until '99 when they quit making them).

The XPL, GS, GTX (gen II-'96+), and RX hulls use a shoe and ride plate that are seperate but on the little ones it is made together and the tunnel is part of the hull, not the shoe as it is on the bigger boats.

Now, it is possible that the shoe is meant to go with an aftermarket ride plate but if you look at the design in the drawing (which is accurate, I know, I had one and had to pull and reseal the plate) it does not really look like it would go in there.

Perhaps it will, I could not tell you as I am just going by appearance VS what I know the stock plate looks like.

Okkk now I see... Out of curiosity, would it be a possibility to chop off the pump shoe from the ride plate, install that pump shoe on the hull and install ride plate on top of it?
    Also, is there some aftermarket ride plate available for that ski?

+1
    i guess you could cut off the pump shoe for the stock ride plate but what good would that do? i mean i dont think that there will be gains from doing that.

i think krunch is right, i think that it is suppose to go with a aftermarket rideplate. as like a combe deal.

+1
    I kind of think it is meant for the pump shoe hulls anyway but I could be wrong.

I would say check with Ocean Pro but I am not sure they are still in business. Hopefully one of the X-4 guys will chime in and shed some light on this.

Scrapping off 'Ultra-Black' and resealing Jet Pump Shoes and RPlates has got to rate as one of the most Gawd-4-saken jobs I love to charge people money for.

Thread Information