+1

Exclamation need GP1200r engine any recommendations?

im looking for a engine for a 2001 Yamaha Gp1200r i was going to go threw SBT but i heard bad things about their engines any recommendations?

Well, depending on what's wrong with the old one it may be cheaper to just rebuild it. It really isn't that hard to work on. With a little persistence you can get it going again. There's plenty of info here if you're willing to look for it.

+1
    im looking to buy the ski and the guy said she lost a piston and he had the top end rebuilt and he can't get the ski to start up. im not sure whats the problem.and i was just going to throw a SBT Engine with the one year warranty in it and i talked to a guy today who had a gp800r and he said SBT Engines are junk. i just don't wanna have any problems

Good deals are hard to pass up, but you do get what you pay for. You could easily spend half the season working on it or spend a little more and spend that time riding. I would say save a little more money and get one already in good shape.

DO NOT BUY SBT. Rebuilding mine now with hardly no hours. Its the worst engine build I have ever seen. Just rent a ski because it would probably cheaper and youll get more use for your money if you want to buy an sbt

+1
    i don't wanna rent a POS ski i rather have my own i love the gp1200r. i was just going ride around untill i get the new FZR. maybe ill take the ski to my buddys shop and just do a rebuild

The renting was just a joke. The point I was trying to make was to avoid sbt. Rebuilding by some trustworthy is the way to go. There is a few on here that will do it for you and are real good with those engines and will turn you out a good one. Maybe they will chime in.

+1
    i have used SBT and do not have a problem with them. However, i would not but an SBT in a yamaha or a craft i was going to modify.

most guys blame sbt for engines grenading and you will see just as many engines grenade from people who rebuild there own engines. A lot of times people miss diagnose the reason that engine went bad in the first place or dont even diagnose then engine and just rebuild it. for example if you have bad carbs i dont care who rebuilds the engine your just going to blow it up again.

i am by no means saying sbt makes a great product or that they dont make mistakes on there rebuilds. But i think they also make an okay product.

This is the best place, 2 year no fault warranty on all short blocks...

Mike

Advanced Engine Machining
    418 Wading River Rd.
    Manorville, NY 11949

www.pwcengine.com

Thread Information