RXP Sat Way Too Long!

Well guys I purchased a '06 RXP new & only got to put 20 hrs on it before it sat for over a year Long story short it was completely unexpected & somewhat unavoidable. In fact this is my first log in since May '09.

The battery will charge but the ski won't crank; I'm guessing bad gas and/or gunked up fuel system. So now that summertime is back & I'm able to enjoy my RXP I've decided to get it back into shape. It has the full Stg I Riva kit, all the free mods & a few other extras. It looks brand new, well actually it is (20 hrs) & I'm ready to ride. I even had to pay 2 yrs worth of property taxes on it; again long story.

Next week I will take it to the shop for an oil change & inspection before I take it out. I'm absolutely terrified abt sinking and/or getting stranded in my area with all the gators, snakes etc! Yeah I'm a chicken

So anything I need to know abt guys?

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Rob

Change the plugs, oil, and make sure the battery holds a good charge. Fresh gas. Ride.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    take a buddy with you too

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynfox View Post
    Next week I will take it to the shop for an oil change & inspection before I take it out.
    Make sure those ceramic clutch washers are out of there before you start it again; you need to replace those with the Riva metal washers (now). Read this:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887

I'm absolutely terrified abt sinking and/or getting stranded in my area with all the gators, snakes etc!
    Come on grow a pair will ya?

Thanks for the input everybody.

YoYamma - I ditched those washers before the ski was even broken in I'm an analyst by nature so I luv to read & study. When I learned of all the horror stories abt those washers I parked the ski & ditched them right away

+1
    Smart man!

+1
    The battery will charge but the ski won't crank; I'm guessing bad gas and/or gunked up fuel system.
    Does the engine turn over and it doesn't fire, or is it not even turning over. Is the display coming on and do you hear the fuel pump & beeps?

If you're getting a display and hearing beeps, but engine isn't turning over, you may want to get that battery load tested. It's probably toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    Does the engine turn over and it doesn't fire, or is it not even turning over. Is the display coming on and do you hear the fuel pump & beeps?

If you're getting a display and hearing beeps, but engine isn't turning over, you may want to get that battery load tested. It's probably toast.
    The engine turns over fine & everything works it just won't fire. I'm pretty sure it's just bad gas so I'm dropping it off Wednesday to my friendly SeaDoo dealer, they r really great guys. They pretty much told me the same thing too. I also have a new battery & new plugs on the way.

Thread Information