Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pictures of my problems.. Please help!

1993 Seadoo XP 657

Picture 1 - where exactly does this hose connect to?? Does it connect to picture number 2??

Picture 2 - What connects to this? lol

Picture 3 - This is the hose off the carb that has no where to go..any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	problem 1.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	187182   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	problem 2.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	187183   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	problem 3.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	187184  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Milano325i View Post
    Picture 1 - where exactly does this hose connect to?? Does it connect to picture number 2??

Picture 2 - What connects to this? lol

Picture 3 - This is the hose off the carb that has no where to go..any ideas?
    Go to the online store or a Seadoo parts sales website and look at the schematics for buying parts, you may be able to find what goes where by looking at those pictures. If all else fails you should get a shop manual if you are going to be working on your own ski's. It also helps if you put more info such as year and model of ski etc...

Ive looked online and havent really found any solid info, ive also downloaded the manual and that didnt really help either
    Edited for ski info lol

The Nipple coming off the top of the head is your "Pisser". The hose that connects to that goes to the back of the ski and pushes the water out of the back.( Just below where you hook up the ski rope) Its purpose is to verify that you have water pumping through the head.

As far as your carb line??? Its hard to tell by the pics.. Kind of looks like the Pulse line to me? Which connects from the block to the fuel pump on the side of your carb.

Quote Originally Posted by ktyamaha36 View Post
    The Nipple coming off the top of the head is your "Pisser". The hose that connects to that goes to the back of the ski and pushes the water out of the back.( Just below where you hook up the ski rope) Its purpose is to verify that you have water pumping through the head.

As far as your carb line??? Its hard to tell by the pics.. Kind of looks like the Pulse line to me? Which connects from the block to the fuel pump on the side of your carb.
    Hmm..so picture number 1 doesnt connect to picture number 2?
    You would be the second person that says the carb hose could be a pulse line, the only thing is when i replaced the hose it it was about an inch or two shorter that the picture shows, and there isnt anything close for it to put the other end. All online pics are just showing breakdowns of the carbs, not where the hoses go.. Damn my excitement of trying to get the motor out and replaced and not thinking of taking pics lol

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    that hose goes to the bottom of the piston jugs...there should be a "T" fitting there connecting the two and that is the one that goes out the exhaust

#1 is probably battery vent. connects to battery.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    thats what I thought too but it looks to short plus it goes into the exhaust...a battery vent exits to the side of the hull

+1
    yes i think picture one and two go together.. must me a head vent or something..

i looked on the 93 xp thats in my drive way and thats how its set up right to the exaust hose in the back

Smile

number 1 (connects under exhaust manifold)on a 657 x motor you have a exit water line that goes from under exhaust manifold (brass hose barb in exhaust manifold directly in middleof underside of exhaust manifold) to the exhaust outlet in the back right rear corner of ski,it is a brass fitting for number 2 it is clear hose that goes to water outlet in back of ski just above the rear deck,there is a tiny hole that dribbles or shoots water out.,number 3 is a vacuum hose for fuel pump it goes to side of engine crankcase where vacuum barb is located look on side of engine by rotary valve cover .Hope this helps>Marvin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information