Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP Metal washers

Hey guys! I don't know if this is in the right section, so if not, excuse me!

I just recieved the metal washers for my '06 rxp, I life in holland and I have the scooter in Bonaire N.A. (vacation home) and I only go there in my school vacations, so I never rode it so far. I can't wait, its in my garage as i speak! Now here comes my question: Is it ok to instal the metal washers after the 10our break-in period? I assume my dealer has to do this, but I wonder if he knows how. The dealer is located in Curacao N.A. so I have to buy him a ticket to come to Bonaire en do the 10our service. Do I need to tell him I bought the washers and let him install them, and do you guys think that he can do the install at my own place with a few tools he brought with him?

I know it's a bit hard to understand with my english but I hope you guys understand!

Greets, Mick

Mick:

There is no reason you cant have him install the washers right away. He can do it with a few tools. he does not need to have the ski in a shop or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by mickgrom
    Hey guys! I don't know if this is in the right section, so if not, excuse me!

I just recieved the metal washers for my '06 rxp, I life in holland and I have the scooter in Bonaire N.A. (vacation home) and I only go there in my school vacations, so I never rode it so far. I can't wait, its in my garage as i speak! Now here comes my question: Is it ok to instal the metal washers after the 10our break-in period? I assume my dealer has to do this, but I wonder if he knows how. The dealer is located in Curacao N.A. so I have to buy him a ticket to come to Bonaire en do the 10our service. Do I need to tell him I bought the washers and let him install them, and do you guys think that he can do the install at my own place with a few tools he brought with him?

I know it's a bit hard to understand with my english but I hope you guys understand!

Greets, Mick
    I just changed mine last night the olny special tools i needed besides basic mechanics tools were probably the shaft holding tool and a tourque wrench i bought the support plate just to have it cause i know im going to be doing most of my own work on this ski but i think you can do it without. This link will probably help u a lot http://69.28.79.48/Instructions/rs1750_hdw_946.pdf congrats on the new ski ive had my ski for 3 months now and im addicted i spend most of my free time on this forum .

+1
    Mick, glad you got the washers so fast. Congrats on the new ski.

Thanks Jeff and Red Devil for pointing Mick in the right direction.

Addicted........

+1
    i'm addicted too

Owk thanks a lot guys! I know what to do

im addicted too.....can this install be done without the tourqe wrench and shaft and nut tools?

+1
    No, you must torque the nut down.

MJ, if you or anyone would like for me to install the metal washers for you just send me your SC. I charge $50 and that includes return UPS ground shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by BlaZinMJ
    im addicted too.....can this install be done without the tourqe wrench and shaft and nut tools?
    i think the torque is pretty important hulk beat me to the punch nm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information