Thread: 99 Exciter 270

99 Exciter 270

I just picked up this boat and was very clean, he didnt do any mods but a primer and fuel & air separator , what are the best things to do to this boat, really and to get new impellers ( solas maybe ) and maybe pull the airboxs, ca n anyone tell me what mods were the best bang for there buck

+1
    The FIRST thing you MUST do is upgrade the oil lines or convert to pre-mixed fuel! The original oil lines WILL fall off, resulting in engine failure.

Performance upgrades for boats don't get you nearly as much bang for the buck as for the PWCs. Impellers are about the best investment, but you'll be lucky to break 60 with the 270.

Error 404
    Mine was running 64 GPS bone stock last year. We have those hundred thousand dollar+ twin-hull powerboats up here and it wasn't hard shadowing them. The 270 rules- especially for what you can pay for one these days... sure to become even more desired in the future with everything going F.I.

I miss it.

Nothing needs done to those IMO beyond having the oil lines secured and continually checking them. I never had a problem. Premix is the safe way to go but as I understand it, the injection system will save you on oil because the engine doesn't need the full potentcy under cruise and idle.

Those suckers rock hard bone stock. I can't imagine tinkering with perfection :P but that's just me. I've heard that the mod to keep the water box empty at idle is great for holeshot improvment.

never sell it

+1
    I had one years ago and it would only run 58 gps stock, so 64 must have been a lucky one.
    Fix the oil lines and Make sure the primer works well. Them dam things hate to start cold.
    I say leave it alone other than this. I loved how I could sink the noes down when thrown in reverse.

If you want it faster look into Group K. They have several mods you can do to your boat. If you think they are fast stock you should ride in a Sleeper Exciter. My Sleeper Exciter would do 60 fully loaded with gear and people, speedo was bouncing at 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    I had one years ago and it would only run 58 gps stock, so 64 must have been a lucky one.
    Fix the oil lines and Make sure the primer works well. Them dam things hate to start cold.
    I say leave it alone other than this. I loved how I could sink the noes down when thrown in reverse.

hell yes! although my friend accidentally sunk hers doing that with too many people in the boat while going about 30. Was pretty funny

I am in the process of building up my 220 Exciter... They are a blast, lots of resources out there on the Yamaha Jetboaters forum, they are great over there.

Oil mods, and Cobra Jet Fins are a BIG help for low speed maneuvers.

Thread Information