xp800 aftermarket handlebars

Hey guys just looking to put a set of aftermarket bars on my xp800 and was looking for some ideas of which bars you could recommend. Also if anyone has any experience with say bars from a dirt bike or ATV please let me know thanks

Do you want to keep the stock steering and just change the bars? If so go pick up a set of pro taper dirt bike bars. Or you could find a full umi steering system.

I put a set of Fly bars on mine. Renthals are pretty popular around these parts too. ATV/dirtbike bars will fit as long as you get 7/8" shaft sized bars.

That will fit the stock handlebar mount.

thanks guys, basically just looking to replace the handlebars and not go as for as the whole steering system. i appreciate the help

Highly highly recommend replacing the steering system with UMI. Makes a world of difference man.

Don't forget aftermarket sponsons, R&D or Westcoast trim tabs (no hull extension plate), pump wedge and remove the grate. It will change the personality of your ski big time.. for the better.

Like sending an overweight woman to the biggest loser ranch. You won't recognize her.

Have fun.

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    Do you mean ride plate extention? Trim tabs and sponsens will make it turn alot better. UMI steering system is the cats azz, i picked up mine on flea bay like 5 years ago for $225 shipped. But if you don't want to spend the money right now i think a set of renthal bars would look really good on there along with a sp hood without the mirrors. I run UMI steering,handlebars, trigger throttle and start/stop/vts housing.

Quote Originally Posted by seadoobutch787 View Post
    Do you mean ride plate extention? Trim tabs and sponsens will make it turn alot better. UMI steering system is the cats azz, i picked up mine on flea bay like 5 years ago for $225 shipped. But if you don't want to spend the money right now i think a set of renthal bars would look really good on there along with a sp hood without the mirrors. I run UMI steering,handlebars, trigger throttle and start/stop/vts housing.
    Yes.. thats what I meant.

There are a few mods that should be a necessity on the X4 hull. I think we covered them in this post.

The only issue I can really see you running into is the fact that you will need to either reuse the stock control housings or drop some coin on a finger throttle conversion and aftermarket switch block

Thread Information