Thread: Free Mods?
05-09-2010, 06:54 PM #1
I see people talking about free mods all over the 4 tec section and I know what a few of them are as I have some done to my ski...what are all of them? Ive done searches and cant seem to find a definitive list...can some one list them? thanks
05-09-2010, 07:03 PM #2
If I tell you, you have to pay me. Just kidding. Basic stuff like cutting the reverse bucket, filling ride plate holes and in the case of the X ski's removing the flame arrestor from the intake. I dont think there is a list, Just anything that cost little or nothing to improve the ski. What have you done to yours?
05-09-2010, 07:09 PM #3
Fill the plate holes, reverse bucket cut, smooth out the ride plate to the hull. It is usually a pretty nasty silicone job from the factory.
I am sure someone will add some others.
.....and I took to long to post....
05-09-2010, 07:15 PM #4
So how do you like the ski Nick? Ready for a bigger sc yet?
05-09-2010, 08:07 PM #5
as for free mods its got the reverse bucket cut and I need to redo some of the ride plate holes as they were only filled with silocone.
05-09-2010, 10:25 PM #6
Free Mods List
1. Fill ride plate holes with JB WaterWeld
2. sand ride plate smooth after the holes are filled
3. Smooth out and or replace the silicone between the ride plate and hull (permatex Right Stuff)
4. wax your hull
5. cut the protrusion off of your reverse bucket
6. change your plugs yearly
7. check your oil level ( use correct procedure IAW owners manual )
8. cut the wings off of your X-boat stock grate
9. tweek your own impeller ( I'd rather pay an expert like Erik at SpeedFreeksRacing or DUKE)
10. Check all bolts and nuts for tightness
11. Remove the nose cone from your impeller
12. Remove the flame arrestor from your intake manifold through the throttle body
1. Add a bilge pump or 2 for you really anal dudes
2. buy a new impeller
3. 4" Kanaflex intake
4. add a water strainer (for IC and or manifold) with a shutoff valve for emergency towing
5. get a GPS - the dream-o-meter is off by 4-8 mph and stops at 70
05-10-2010, 07:38 AM #7
05-10-2010, 08:53 AM #8
Any pics of the reverse bucket mod? This is the first I have read about the flame arrestor, is that only on X models?
05-10-2010, 09:04 AM #9
05-10-2010, 09:13 AM #10
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By dbowles22 in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 10Last Post: 10-12-2007, 01:48 PM
By Lvnspeed in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 2Last Post: 08-09-2007, 09:32 PM
By seadooRXP2590 in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 0Last Post: 02-19-2007, 09:42 PM
By Camy1448 in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 4Last Post: 01-18-2007, 10:10 PM
By GeoRXT in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 0Last Post: 08-17-2006, 11:51 PM