Ultra 250 rebuild and conversion

Hello,

I have several questions.. i recently tore apart my 250 motor and i am rebuilding it and i have ordered the 260 pistons. good idea?? i really dont wanna go all out and buy alot of mods because of money issues but im just trying to see if anybody has installed the 260 pistons?? what about the supercharger interfacer?? no, yes, is it pointless? what bout blow off valve block off?? what about a good prop? what pich?i have already completed the 260 pump mod! just trying to figure out what else to do without spending my 401k on this rebuild! lol

thanks

yes, the 260 pistons are a good idea.

ok cool thank you RED do u know what i should expect? top speed, acceleration, or will i even tell?

they {09 Pistons} make a litte bit of difference. Bov Blockoff is done by most to insure proper boost levels without premature leakage. Prop, most stick with stock. Get a RD Rideplate for Choppy waters, or Riva for Flat waters. Why are you rebuilding? And what is a supercharger interfacer??

I would block off the BOV. I took my jet ski out last weekend and it was only running 7500-7600 rpm's. I knew better to ask for help here before blocking the BOV and checking the belt. Many have done it without any consequences.

Another cheap mod you didn't mention was the timing advance. If you haven't done so yet, advance the timing 6 degrees.

Something else to look into is modifying the water flow into the intercooler. This would keep your ski rinning fast consistantly without heat fade affecting your performance. TBM has a kit coming out soon that may be way to go.

thank you for all your replies. how do i advance the timing 6 deg? i am rebuilding it because my pump bearing went out and the shaft bent and the holder that holds the shaft broke and i almost sunk the damn thing!!!

Thread Information