Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RXP vs GTI !!!

+1

RXP vs GTI !!!

Well, now we will soon have the answer to the question that was asked with the intro of the new GTI hull a year ago. Is the GTI hull faster than the RXP hull?? In 2007 both hulls have the choice of coming with the same 155hp NA 4-Tec. It will be interesting to see how they stack up against one another under identical conditions... as to speed and handling. Stay tuned !!

Richard

Rxp is 7 inches shorter so it should be lighter?

+1
    I think in all conditions the GTI will win.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATADDICT
    I think in all conditions the GTI will win.
    I agree, but I think in rough water I'll beat them both on my NA GTX.

I can't wait to find out.

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    Something else being left out here...

According to the spec sheets the GTI SE is 127" long and 747lbs...

The RXP is 120.9" and 792 lbs...

I assume they're talking the weight of the 215hp version but either way the GTI is probably going to be a little lighter or at the very least the same weight...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i wouldn't be surprised if they retire the RXP hull after 2007. the 3-seater RXT hulls were lightened for this year, the GTI now has more power and i THINK will outperform the 155 HP RXP... it's gonna handle chop better, porpoise less, and stay hooked up better...

they improve the 3-seater hulls by adding more power to the GTI hull and making the RXT lighter... the RXP they didn't touch aside from adding less power which i will say was a smart move bc working in sales on these things there's more demand for a low HP 2-seater than u guys may realize... for the recreational public they will sell... i think they dind't invest time or money into altering the RXP hull bc they already have something new in testing... that's my guess based on the specs and 07 line-up

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    i wouldn't be surprised if they retire the RXP hull after 2007. the 3-seater RXT hulls were lightened for this year, the GTI now has more power and i THINK will outperform the 155 HP RXP... it's gonna handle chop better, porpoise less, and stay hooked up better...

they improve the 3-seater hulls by adding more power to the GTI hull and making the RXT lighter... the RXP they didn't touch aside from adding less power which i will say was a smart move bc working in sales on these things there's more demand for a low HP 2-seater than u guys may realize... for the recreational public they will sell... i think they dind't invest time or money into altering the RXP hull bc they already have something new in testing... that's my guess based on the specs and 07 line-up
    I have heard that the one they have in testing may not be new. It is tested and true though.

+1
    [quote=Shibby1485]i wouldn't be surprised if they retire the RXP hull after 2007. the 3-seater RXT hulls were lightened for this year, the GTI now has more power and i THINK will outperform the 155 HP RXP... it's gonna handle chop better, porpoise less, and stay hooked up better...

Shib; you forgot to add that the GTI hull will be better at doing spin outs and donuts...not the best hull for closed course in stock form.

They finally listened to what I had to say after riding the 2004 pre-production RXP...and made the bars wider. Now if they would only wake up and use the hull they should have been using from day one, the RXP would be a much better machine.

Richard

What is it that makes a hull better for say closed course vs. top speed? Is a fast hull not as good for closed course?

Richard, you said the GTI hull wouldn't be as good for closed course, why?

Could someone explain the differences to me? What features are on a fast hull vs a hull thats better for closed course?

Which hull is better for what? Like wet hull (RXP) or dryer hull (GPR) in what conditions? Does the RXP have advantages in some conditions vs. the GPR or no?

What Im asking is kinda confusing because Im kinda confused. But what features on a hull make it perform better in what categories?

Yami guys could probably help a lot here.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    How hard would it be to add the IC and SC to the GTI 155hp? The GTI hull, I would guess, was designed for lower speeds than the RXP was. I don't think you can compare hulls unless you go as fast as possible. I think the RXP hull will behave completely different with the lesser hp engine. I hope you understand the point I'm trying to make.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information