mechanic recommendation fro sc failure

I'm looking for a good mechanic in the Northern California region. A good friend with a 2005 RXT had the unpleasant experience of losing power and RPMs last week. He ran under this condition for approx 30 minutes, and afterwards brought it to me. I pulled his sc, and, as expected, one ceramic washer gone. He had this engine rebuilt by the local dealer for a overheating issue that damaged the block at 50 hours under warranty, but was never counselled by the dealer about the sc ceramic washer issue. He is understandably hesitant to return to the local dealer, who has now stated that an onboard inspection of the pumps should suffice.
    Any recommendations in the Sacramento-San Francisco-Redding region?

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by North Valley View Post
    I'm looking for a good mechanic in the Northern California region. A good friend with a 2005 RXT had the unpleasant experience of losing power and RPMs last week. He ran under this condition for approx 30 minutes, and afterwards brought it to me. I pulled his sc, and, as expected, one ceramic washer gone. He had this engine rebuilt by the local dealer for a overheating issue that damaged the block at 50 hours under warranty, but was never counselled by the dealer about the sc ceramic washer issue. He is understandably hesitant to return to the local dealer, who has now stated that an onboard inspection of the pumps should suffice.
    Any recommendations in the Sacramento-San Francisco-Redding region?
    He is a little more of a drive away. Talk to Steve Frebie at Clawson motor sports.

Fresno is definitely within easy driving distance. Thanks for the referral Nils888; I'll give Steve Frebie a call.

Thread Information