Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finished with replacing wear rings every few hours!

I have got to get the double bearing mod (Skat or Impros) or the PPG bearing mod and ss wear ring. I get about a weekend on a new wear ring. What do you guys recommend?

You got the right idea. I have the SS ring right now with no problems. I might do the bearing mod later off season. Both ski shops are busy right now and you will be looking at least three or more weeks of down time if you send your pump off. I ordered my SS ring from Bruce and had it in two days with priority.

nitro, Have you noticed if you impeller ever contacts the ss wear ring. How many rpms are you turning? I don't have a problem with wear rings until my rpms get up around 8400 or I use a 81mm nozzle then I burn them right up.

I only have a stage 1 rxp so my rpm is not as high. If I was you I would get the double bearing mod before the SS ring to save your prop also turing at those rpms.

+1
    I heard skat is having trouble with their double bearing mod. They say after about 10 hours of use you will get water into the oil. I personally would hold off until they perfect this.

Jerry, Would you recommend using a ss wear ring without any modifaction to the pump? Why is it on the rxp a few marks on the wear ring and rpms and speed drop like a rock and on other ski's rpms would go up and you would loose speed?

+1
    I can't explain the loss of RPM phenomenon, but i saw it many times over.

I wouldn't hesitate to run the ss wear ring in the stock pump. Other manufacturers do it. Just keep an eye on it and you will be fine.

I have the dual bearing pump from Impros in my RXT but I am still running the stock wearring.It is not nearly as hard on wearrings as the stock.I would get the groove to one side of the pump in only a few hours of use.It wears the worst when going from a dead stop to wide open throttle.I guess this is when pump is under most stress an flexes the most.It is not nearly as bad with the dual bearing. I have mine out and the stock back in sent the 13\19 prop from Riva to Impros for a repitch they have had it three weeks so I guess he is probably swamped this time of year.It probaly has about 15 to 20 hrs on it and I do not have any problem with it yet.If anyone is getting anouther pump I would recommend the dual bearing it is a lot cheaper than stock internal parts.
    Impros charges $260. $130 for parts $130 for labor.I get the pumps from the dealer that are damaged that they don't have to send in and have them reworked.He has one for me now that only has 2 1/2 hours on it.

Rocketman, Thanks for the info. I have two pumps so I may send one to impros for the double bearing mod.

What does the double bearing do for you ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information