Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: gsx

+1

gsx

hey guys,

my buddy is looking into getting a gsx 951, i think its a 00 or 01 but its in great shape.. 100hr i think, vts does not work..

guy wants 1700 with trailer and cover.. thought this was a hell of a deal.. what do you guys think?

i do not know much about the seadoo's but its at a shop i like to go to and they are selling it for a customer of theres..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryandi2 View Post
    hey guys,

my buddy is looking into getting a gsx 951, i think its a 00 or 01 but its in great shape.. 100hr i think, vts does not work..

guy wants 1700 with trailer and cover.. thought this was a hell of a deal.. what do you guys think?

i do not know much about the seadoo's but its at a shop i like to go to and they are selling it for a customer of theres..
    Heres 98 GSX L on ebay .... Its a steep buy it now IMO, but not crazy.
    Especially in season.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-Se...item3a5a8b65ec

1700 for what your describing seems pretty fair. You mentioned it was some sort of dealer, if you cant get em down a bit, get it out the door for 1700. If thats the boat you want.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryandi2 View Post
    hey guys,

They only made GSXLs (the ones with 951s) for two and a half years. The '97.5 GSXL was silver on red and had the white 951.
    The '98 GSXL which was all red with purple trim.
    The '99 GSXL which was red and black and the best looking of the three.

In 2000 the GSXL was replaced by the RX. If they are telling you it is any other year than the three above they are confused or lying.

+1
    i have been lookingata lot of skis. so its my faultigot itmixed up.. its a 99 red and black..

its a small engine shop.. and the owner of the gsx got the gsx fixed there.. and ended up asking the owners to sell it for them since he didnt use it.

the owner told the shop orginaly to sell it for 2500.. then when i went back we where talking and he told me it went down 1700.. the owner of the ski said to sell it for 1900 and the shop keep 200 but the shop owner said they would just like to see it sold so they arnt making any money off of it..

for where i live it seems to be a decent price.. consedering i just posted a cl add on here for a xp in my area that is selling for 2500 and prob get close to that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WOT 88 View Post
    Heres 98 GSX L on ebay .... Its a steep buy it now IMO, but not crazy.
    Especially in season.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-Se...item3a5a8b65ec

1700 for what your describing seems pretty fair. You mentioned it was some sort of dealer, if you cant get em down a bit, get it out the door for 1700. If thats the boat you want.
    looks like this but black and red.. i thought about it before i bought my sltx.

my buddy was going to pick up a 93 xp for 600 from the same shop owner but he realized that hed be playing catch up with me.

In its day, it was a fast ski. We had one. It is a great wave jumper also. the only problem I had was that my ankles and shins smashed into the sides of it and it became uncomfortable after a while.

Ours was riddled with electrical issues. It got so bad that I literally disconnected everything that was non-essential including VTS, the gauges, etc. to stop fuses from blowing and things from shorting out. It was literally that bad. I would fix one thing and something else would go bad and finally I gave up on it. The last straw was when everything else was disconnected, the magneto died on it. I fixed it and sold it.
    I have heard that electrical gremlins are common with these skis and I would imagine moreso in salt water conditions.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
    In its day, it was a fast ski. We had one. It is a great wave jumper also. the only problem I had was that my ankles and shins smashed into the sides of it and it became uncomfortable after a while.

Ours was riddled with electrical issues. It got so bad that I literally disconnected everything that was non-essential including VTS, the gauges, etc. to stop fuses from blowing and things from shorting out. It was literally that bad. I would fix one thing and something else would go bad and finally I gave up on it. The last straw was when everything else was disconnected, the magneto died on it. I fixed it and sold it.
    I have heard that electrical gremlins are common with these skis and I would imagine moreso in salt water conditions.

i will keep this in mind when i talk to my buddy... he likes the idea of being faster then my sl but doesnt want a bunch of issues..

this would also be used in fresh water..since it will be stored at my dock

But see where it was used in its previous life. Check all of the electrical components for corrosion and etc. Test the gauges, test vts, etc.
    Riding it would be ideal. If it has electrical gremlins, I would walk away from it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
    But see where it was used in its previous life. Check all of the electrical components for corrosion and etc. Test the gauges, test vts, etc.
    Riding it would be ideal. If it has electrical gremlins, I would walk away from it.

i hear ya! ill talk to the guy to see if we can get it in the water.. i was going to ask any way.. i have a hard time buying something i cant test out.. (i tested a ds650 all weekend long ). if it does have issues ill tell him to walk.

whats compression on these motors? 130?

I cant remember honestly but that sounds pretty close. If both are the same and there is no great dispairty between them you should be in business.
    Youll have to google for the exact numbers... I havent owned a 951 ski in about five years.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information