Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

my Rave Valve pictures Do I need new ones?

97 xp 787 premix. My rave oil line busted did that cause my raves to go BOo BOo like the pictures below. i have 150psi compression but my engine starts smoking and sounds like a weedwacker and wont run at full speed after 1 min after i start it.

+1
    Your actually not describing the situation correctly and we need more info such as your premix ratio which looks to be way off.

the raves do NOT have an oil line to them so I am not sure what you mean by that........?

and in another post you were told it looked like your exhaust headpipe is probably leaking.

What is the silver container in place of the oil tanks? an fire extinguisher?

TLR

Quote Originally Posted by TLR View Post
    Your actually not describing the situation correctly and we need more info such as your premix ratio which looks to be way off.

the raves do NOT have an oil line to them so I am not sure what you mean by that........?

and in another post you were told it looked like your exhaust headpipe is probably leaking.

What is the silver container in place of the oil tanks? an fire extinguisher?

TLR
    its 40:1 amsoil. the only oil line that goes to the cavity to lube the gear when you go premix. well the leaking oil from the rave drip down to the exhaust thats what it looks like. then a mechanic told me my engine wouldnt even start if the gears and crank were messsed up. but my engine does start. just gets smokey and sounds bad after a while im just thinking to replace both raves

When you say weed whacker is it kinda like a diesel noise. Piston slap? There are no rave oil line. There are 2 rotary valve oil lines. It should run good down low with non working raves it just wont rev out and reach max rpm. Your raves do need a good cleaning and if the bellow isn't ripped there is no need for new ones. I'm going to bet you bought it with the spec 2,msd water injection and egt probes and FA's on it. Did it just start doing this or did you buy it running like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 4.0l sahara View Post
    When you say weed whacker is it kinda like a diesel noise. Piston slap? There are no rave oil line. There are 2 rotary valve oil lines. It should run good down low with non working raves it just wont rev out and reach max rpm. Your raves do need a good cleaning and if the bellow isn't ripped there is no need for new ones. I'm going to bet you bought it with the spec 2,msd water injection and egt probes and FA's on it. Did it just start doing this or did you buy it running like this.
    your spot on with it cant reach max rpm. when i start it it sounds fine when i start revving it when it sound like a diesel noise. i look inside the rave slot and the piston looks fine. It started to this after the oil line ruptured. but i redid the oil line already and tie it down so it wont move

Okay as long as there is oil in those lines for the rotary valve then that isn't your problem. They have zero to do with the RAVES. The raves may be stuck Clean them up nice with carb cleaner, Then check the rubber for rips. If they are fine put it back together and give it a try. Does it sound like a diesel at idle? If so then it is most likly piston slap and you may need a top end.

To me it sound like more than one thing going on.

1. Your rotary valve oil lines blew apart. You fixed that

2. It wont rev out. Cause may be dirty stuck raves

3. It sounds like a diesel. Could be piston slap. Fix new top end.

Quote Originally Posted by 4.0l sahara View Post
    To me it sound like more than one thing going on.

1. Your rotary valve oil lines blew apart. You fixed that

2. It wont rev out. Cause may be dirty stuck raves

3. It sounds like a diesel. Could be piston slap. Fix new top end.
    i checked compression and they are both 150, can i cancel out piston slap?

can it be due to the oil line blew apart my raves messed up.?

Quote Originally Posted by djpeetur View Post
    i checked compression and they are both 150, can i cancel out piston slap?

can it be due to the oil line blew apart my raves messed up.?
    rotary oil line blowing apart has absolutely 0 to do with your raves.

Banned User
    used to cut away a section of the rave valve cover so I could take a quick look in while it was running to make sure my raves were both moving freely. Dont have a picture...anyone else have one?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information